• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those of you NOT there...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

i feel for you..doesnt surprise me that uconn fans are trash, just like rutger fans

Thats us.. We hate our armed forces and we only gave joe lefeged a scholarship to give qb's concussions....

Truth is every college has them.  You know who im talking about drunk as hell trying to impress their friends.  Its a terrible part of college football but its there.  The two season ticket holders in front of me always sell their tickets on stub hub to opposing fans......its the worst we are 0-3 when that happens.  Also lets just analyze that rutgers fan statement. you should only count the 20000 a game that went to the games before we were ranked as fans.  Those are very humble people.  Everybody else is just a bandwaggoner ect, ect.  If you think south fl has perfect fans your clearly mistaken.  Ive never been to a bull game in my life and i can gaurentee you there are fans as bad or worse than any other school in the country.  Not to say there arent any good ones seeing as i know a lot of kids who go to the school right know and they are smart level headed kids.  (i know i just went in a circle.  Cut me some slack you guys will be facing these sort of misperseption problems if you have not already.

Don't come in here and tell me that our fans are "just as bad, or worse". My wife was AFRAID. Are you married sir? Has your wife ever been afraid because GROWN MEN were throwing stuff at her? And saying "**** YOU" while running up to us? I've never seen USF fans do anything remotely close to this. And you know what? If they did, someone would put a stop to it.

I've never been more proud to be a southerner than I am right now.

OK, give me a break with that last part. This isn't a southern hospitality vs. lack thereof situation. This is ******** being ********. I'm sorry you experienced it, but I doubt it had anything to do with what side of the Mason-Dixon you were on.

Whatever dude

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,363

i feel for you..doesnt surprise me that uconn fans are trash, just like rutger fans

Thats us.. We hate our armed forces and we only gave joe lefeged a scholarship to give qb's concussions....

Truth is every college has them.  You know who im talking about drunk as hell trying to impress their friends.  Its a terrible part of college football but its there.  The two season ticket holders in front of me always sell their tickets on stub hub to opposing fans......its the worst we are 0-3 when that happens.  Also lets just analyze that rutgers fan statement. you should only count the 20000 a game that went to the games before we were ranked as fans.  Those are very humble people.  Everybody else is just a bandwaggoner ect, ect.  If you think south fl has perfect fans your clearly mistaken.  Ive never been to a bull game in my life and i can gaurentee you there are fans as bad or worse than any other school in the country.  Not to say there arent any good ones seeing as i know a lot of kids who go to the school right know and they are smart level headed kids.  (i know i just went in a circle.  Cut me some slack you guys will be facing these sort of misperseption problems if you have not already.

Don't come in here and tell me that our fans are "just as bad, or worse". My wife was AFRAID. Are you married sir? Has your wife ever been afraid because GROWN MEN were throwing stuff at her? And saying "**** YOU" while running up to us? I've never seen USF fans do anything remotely close to this. And you know what? If they did, someone would put a stop to it.

I've never been more proud to be a southerner than I am right now.

OK, give me a break with that last part. This isn't a southern hospitality vs. lack thereof situation. This is ******** being ********. I'm sorry you experienced it, but I doubt it had anything to do with what side of the Mason-Dixon you were on.

Whatever dude

You can continue your prejudice as you see fit, but I'll say that as a **** yank who has lived all over the east coast, I find your statement both offensive and ill-informed.

• Content Count:  2,307

I agree with you Curtis.

Just because UCONN fans did it doesn't mean that everyone in the Northeast would.

Next time someone threatens your family, I'll be sure to berate you for saying offensive things

• Content Count:  2,363

Next time someone threatens your family, I'll be sure to berate you for saying offensive things

If I choose to use that experience to generalize to an entire group of people or geographic region, please do.

If I choose to use that experience to generalize to an entire group of people or geographic region, please do.

You can spare me your liberal rhetoric, really

Guest Melissa

To the OP: I am sorry you and your wife had such a horrible experience at UConn. I don't think it's safe to generalize, though... but everyone is different I guess.

I think I can relate to how your wife felt. A couple of years ago I was assaulted by two Philadelphia Eagles fans at Dolphins stadium. They followed me into the women's bathroom and backed me into the corner, got in my face and spewed verbal and very degrading insults towards me and tried to touch my chest. They backed off when another woman came into the restroom and started yelling at them. I went to the game with my dad but was by myself when they approached me. It was humiliating for me and I will never forget it. I remember missing most of the game because I was so upset, confused, and angry that I couldn't bring myself to go back and sit with my dad to watch the game. To pour salt on the wounds, when our bus was leaving the stadium a mob (yes, an honest to God mob) tried to overturn our bus by rocking and shaking it while we were trying to drive off, spit on the windows, and were hurling insults at us.  If I remember correctly, the Eagles won that game... so it was a really terrible night overall. Actually, I'm getting physically upset thinking about it. As horrible an experience as I had, while I generally do say I hate Eagles fans because of that experience, I still can't bring myself to seriously generalize and judge all of their fans... but I can see where a few bad apples DO make an unfavorable impression on an entire fanbase. I personally will never EVER go to any Eagles game ever again because of my negative experience, and I don't blame you if you feel similar after your experience at UConn... your wife is very lucky that you were with her because I would hate to hear of a similar experience as to what I experienced.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

man-0- that sucks

I am also surprised anyone would ever leave their car flags up before going into a game. That is road trip rule #1-- don't give the road dummies any idea that you are Bulls not there to defend the vehicle.

UConn sounds like such a suck trip. I have been up there for training years ago and it seems like a nice area. But the combination of drunkeness, a huge game after a big win during a "holy crap" type season (I'm talking about UConn believe it or not), and the general bandwagon idiot look at me I'm a superfan douchbag factor- was probably at it's zenith.

I wish I had been there when this clown did what they did-- along with the Bulls army-- and just beat the living crap out of him, with each punch to his squirmy head saying- "No-- F### YOU!"'

As for the whole northeast thing-- coming from the midwest I can see your point somewhat since I have run into numerous headstrong folks from that region. The vast majority are normal decent people-- but the rude ones are like psycho wierd and LOUD. Well some of the strange examples I have seen were. I have seen strange people like this everywhere as well-- maybe the accent is what makes it stick out as worse.

Last point-- we do have fans just like those you encountered. I have seen them myself albeit quite rarely. They make me sick and if I have the chance, I step in and tell them to STFU and apologize to the visitors. Unless they are UCF fans-- jk.

• Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

I have been saying it for years, it's time for Florida to actually police it's Northern Border and stop all these filthy Yankee's from poluting our mother land.

Ok, I slept on it and the angry rage has worn off. I apologize to all Northeasterners for my emotionalistic, generalizing comments. I know better, I was very upset.

Growing up in the deep south (south Georgia), you are exposed from a very young age to terrible generalizations...be it about race, political party, or from which region of the US people come from.  Any rational person can see through that stuff, of course, but its really hard to shake those subconscious biases that are essentially engrained in your mind. When some "incidents" like last night occur, well...

I'm going to write this off as a fluke incident, but that said...I will probably still never come back to UCONN. Assuming that all fan bases have equal parts a-holes, then the fact that the UCONN parking lots are not lit or policed is enough to make us want to avoid it here.

And God help the next USF fan I see doing something like this.

Archived