• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

For those of you NOT there...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Days Won:  0

Worst trip I had was FAU...

Rutgers wasn't bad.  Besides HOT not being there, a few jacked calls and us losing it wasn't that bad of a game.

Your band travels?  Is it only withing bus trip distance? Our band goes nowhere other than ru stadium.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  341

Rutgers wasn't bad.  Besides HOT not being there, a few jacked calls and us losing it wasn't that bad of a game.

Your band travels?  Is it only withing bus trip distance? Our band goes nowhere other than ru stadium.

i think they normally go to one big away game a year...plus in state games...i know they went to auburn this year

• Content Count:  2,307

They went to the Auburn game, the FAU game also, and I expect them to be at the bowl game.  We really wanted a pep band at RU, but I guess that was too far.  The band really changes a lot in a game.  It gets those that aren't so loud more into the game.

I was upset I didn't make this game, I thought I had a pretty good streak of going to the first 6 games.  However, trips require money...and getting on planes...and I HATE planes!

• Content Count:  808

i feel for you..doesnt surprise me that uconn fans are trash, just like rutger fans

Thats us.. We hate our armed forces and we only gave joe lefeged a scholarship to give qb's concussions....

Truth is every college has them.  You know who im talking about drunk as hell trying to impress their friends.  Its a terrible part of college football but its there.  The two season ticket holders in front of me always sell their tickets on stub hub to opposing fans......its the worst we are 0-3 when that happens.  Also lets just analyze that rutgers fan statement. you should only count the 20000 a game that went to the games before we were ranked as fans.  Those are very humble people.  Everybody else is just a bandwaggoner ect, ect.  If you think south fl has perfect fans your clearly mistaken.  Ive never been to a bull game in my life and i can gaurentee you there are fans as bad or worse than any other school in the country.  Not to say there arent any good ones seeing as i know a lot of kids who go to the school right know and they are smart level headed kids.  (i know i just went in a circle.  Cut me some slack you guys will be facing these sort of misperseption problems if you have not already.

Don't come in here and tell me that our fans are "just as bad, or worse". My wife was AFRAID. Are you married sir? Has your wife ever been afraid because GROWN MEN were throwing stuff at her? And saying "**** YOU" while running up to us? I've never seen USF fans do anything remotely close to this. And you know what? If they did, someone would put a stop to it.

I've never been more proud to be a southerner than I am right now.

• Content Count:  2,307

What does being a Southerner have to do with it?  I'm from New York and I would NEVER do something like that, maybe its a UCONN thing.  Every school has its bad apples (like you said I have not seen USF fans acting like that though), unfortunately for you and your wife, you ran into the worse ones at UCONN.

I said the FAU fans were bad...and they were.  I got crap.  But I know that I shouldn't expect people being super nice to me at games.

Again, sorry it happened to you at UCONN and I'm glad you guys came out ok.  BTW, I find it weird they acted like that considering they won...

• Content Count:  85

i feel for you..doesnt surprise me that uconn fans are trash, just like rutger fans

Thats us.. We hate our armed forces and we only gave joe lefeged a scholarship to give qb's concussions....

Truth is every college has them.  You know who im talking about drunk as hell trying to impress their friends.  Its a terrible part of college football but its there.  The two season ticket holders in front of me always sell their tickets on stub hub to opposing fans......its the worst we are 0-3 when that happens.  Also lets just analyze that rutgers fan statement. you should only count the 20000 a game that went to the games before we were ranked as fans.  Those are very humble people.  Everybody else is just a bandwaggoner ect, ect.  If you think south fl has perfect fans your clearly mistaken.  Ive never been to a bull game in my life and i can gaurentee you there are fans as bad or worse than any other school in the country.  Not to say there arent any good ones seeing as i know a lot of kids who go to the school right know and they are smart level headed kids.  (i know i just went in a circle.  Cut me some slack you guys will be facing these sort of misperseption problems if you have not already.

Don't come in here and tell me that our fans are "just as bad, or worse". My wife was AFRAID. Are you married sir? Has your wife ever been afraid because GROWN MEN were throwing stuff at her? And saying "**** YOU" while running up to us? I've never seen USF fans do anything remotely close to this. And you know what? If they did, someone would put a stop to it.

While i do agree that is very harsh your probly not the only person thats ever happened to.  Also did you contact authorites if you were that unsure of your saftey. I know your main focus is to get the hell out of there but i like to see d bags like that go down.  Im originally from florida thats why i have a rooting interest in the bulls.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I know what its like to be in fear for your life at an away game.  Several years ago on a trip to Troy as we were walking back to our car, their fans came up on the sidewalk and came within inches from hitting us. Thankfully we have not experienced this type of thing siince

• Content Count:  2,363

OK, give me a break with that last part. This isn't a southern hospitality vs. lack thereof situation. This is ******** being ********. I'm sorry you experienced it, but I doubt it had anything to do with what side of the Mason-Dixon you were on.

• Content Count:  2,363

I know what its like to be in fear for your life at an away game.  Several years ago on a trip to Troy as we were walking back to our car, their fans came up on the sidewalk and came within inches from hitting us. Thankfully we have not experienced this type of thing siince

Wait, not at Troy? In Alabama? They should be good southerners there!  ::)

• Content Count:  808

What does being a Southerner have to do with it?

Alot, if you ask me.

I used to be at an SEC school, and traveled around to other SEC games. The fans talked trash, and would boo you. But I never felt physically threatened. Nor did I feel threatened at FAU. Mere coincidence that we were threatened MULTIPLE times by UCONN fans? I'm no statistician...but I'm going to say it was more than mere chance. It's a CULTURAL difference.

I will NEVER come back to the Northeast again. EVER.

Archived