• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wishful thinking....On campus stadium name proposal.

Best name so far....  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

So the feelings have been mixed as to whether or not a stadium on USF's campus would be allowed to be named after a man who tried to build a stadium there when Leavitt was just a kid.  Something I recently became aware of: August Busch...Allen nixed that idea then. I personally think with todays social climate this might fly. I realize there is alot more to it than this, but I started wondering who else might want to claim naming rights to or sponsor a new stadium. So I started this to hear what everyone else thinks. Be it off the wall or realistic I'd like to know. Thanks.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  114

Outback Steakhouse Stadium?  Tampa based company (OSI), name already affiliated with football and sports (Outback Bowl, Outback Pro-Am)

• Content Count:  1,238

GOLDEN CORRAL STADIUM

Home of the USF Golden Brahmas

We could have an O.K. Corral and aTombstone site were head stones of all who have perished by the Bulls are buried.

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

Whenever it is built and whatever it is called, I'd like to see it as follows:

Jim Leavitt Field at (insert corporate name here) Stadium

Outback is a good idea for the company, others to consider might be:

- Regions Bank, SunTrust, or some other mid level, local bank.

- TECO Energy (local)

- Tech Data (local)

- Checkers (the restaurant, local company)

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

yeah i like the Leavitt Field name idea for the field... would leave out the Jim tho.  just doesn't sound as official as simply "Leavitt Field"

Guest Melissa

Mons Venus Stadium.

1-800-Ask Gary Stadium.

(Insert any other totally absurd name for a stadium that is somehow related to Tampa here)

In all seriousness, even the legitimate "kosher" Tampa-based companies and individuals I could think of just sound ridiculous as stadium names.

• Content Count:  21,286
  • Days Won:  10

Outback Stadiium sounds great to me, they now are private so they can and do have the money to get the ball rolling.  One of the founds is on the board of trustees for USF so that also helps.  Plus, when you think of Outback you do think of farms and cattle.

• Content Count:  849

Outback Steakhouse Stadium?  Tampa based company (OSI), name already affiliated with football and sports (Outback Bowl, Outback Pro-Am)

Thats fine and dandy, but is that the message we want to convey. In case you forgot our mascot is a Bull and Outback Steak house cooks and serves them.

A bit of a conflict of interest ;D

I think Bank of America Stadium is the best idea because they would donate the most money and they would love to be associated with a growing brand.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Thats fine and dandy, but is that the message we want to convey. In case you forgot our mascot is a Bull and Outback Steak house cooks and serves them.

A bit of a conflict of interest ;D

exactly what i was thinkin...

BTW- RS, do u have a full size pic of your avatar (SunTrust bldg.) ?

Archived