• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wishful thinking....On campus stadium name proposal.

Best name so far....  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

how this thread has avoided the trough so far is beyond me

Don't worry. The sharks, when they smell blood they will be out in a frenzy to take care of all the lame or injured threads.

:chainsaw

You need the sharks to thin the herd. For the herd must be strong. The herd must live on!  :gobulls

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  308
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe Merrill-Lynch  - somehow tied into the "Bullish on America" catchphrase....

Guest Melissa

The Senator Field at Peter Pan Stadium (in honor of our 2 local legends The Senator and Peter Pan... I can fly! I can fly!)

Okay. Um.  Who are "The Senator" and "Peter Pan" ??  (Other than the obvious reference to the literary character)

I assume these are nicknames... but they're really not "legends" are they??

I was just joking; I wasn't being serious. These two characters are locals in Tampa who enjoy playing dress up in public places... "The Senator" dresses up in women's lingerie and frequents clubs in Ybor... "Peter Pan" dresses like a fairy and well, Peter Pan in public. I had the feeling the OP was looking for not-so-serious names in addition to legitimate names so I obliged. It was all in good fun.

Also, I had a difficult time coming up with names (people and corporations) local to Tampa that would be able to fund a stadium that didn't sound ridiculous. I'm all for corporate sponsorship as it is helpful in putting up a stadium with minimal costs nowadays, but some of the names out there now are just ridiculous. I've had a strong distaste for naming rights ever since the whole Joe Robbie Stadium/Pro Player deal.

After thinking about it a bit more, the only Outback (steakhouse) Stadium has an OK ring to it as does Leroy Selmon (restaurant) stadium. I would prefer to have a stadium or ours name after a company or person (such as Leroy Selmon) with close ties to USF. I doubt a Leroy Selmon deal would take place, but I would be really happy to see his name on our stadium as he has done not only so much for Tampa but for USF as well... he is a true Tampa and USF legend.

Why am I typing this out and the game is about to start? They're discussing on TV how USF is going to recover from the loss to Rutgers... easy, lick our wounds and keep on playing. Alright.. kickoff... here is to hoping we win this one.

Archived