• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I never got upset when people said we didn't deserve to be #2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

because we really didn't.  Don't get me wrong, I was loving it as much as anyone & am not here after the fact to be a Sunday morning analyst, but the simple fact is, we had a series of fortunate events.  We were winning our games, while other top ten teams lost.  We became #2 much like unimpressive ohio st became #1, by default.

The fact is, our kicking team is suspect, our receivers drop passes and despite some talented RBs, we aren't running the ball very well.  We are a good team, but our coach was getting our primarly 3 star roster to over achieve!

Some are blaming the loss on CJL and I'm sure he'll take the blame because he's not an o'liar, he dosen't say "it was that guy's fault for not catching that pass, or not kicking better, etc."  He's also not a nick sabin, the only time he talks about another program is to say "they're an awefuly good football team"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

We deserved being ranked #2 ... we ar still a Top 10 team this year. And I expect us to end up being a BCS Bowl team.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,212

At least now the pressure is off and we don't have to listen to those jerks calling us overrated.  Maybe now the media will refer to us as underrated!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

because we really didn't.  Don't get me wrong, I was loving it as much as anyone & am not here after the fact to be a Sunday morning analyst, but the simple fact is, we had a series of fortunate events.  We were winning our games, while other top ten teams lost.  We became #2 much like unimpressive ohio st became #1, by default.

The fact is, our kicking team is suspect, our receivers drop passes and despite some talented RBs, we aren't running the ball very well.  We are a good team, but our coach was getting our primarly 3 star roster to over achieve!

Some are blaming the loss on CJL and I'm sure he'll take the blame because he's not an o'liar, he dosen't say "it was that guy's fault for not catching that pass, or not kicking better, etc."  He's also not a nick sabin, the only time he talks about another program is to say "they're an awefuly good football team"

I have to agree with you on this one.  You've made valid points.  We definitely deserve to be in the top 25.  Our SOS and the wins over Auburn and WVU merit that.  A lot of work that needs to be done on special teams. kicking and holding on to the darn ball by the WRs.  The fact that we lost to an unranked Ruitgers might land us below the top 10 although pre-season they were ranked at 17.  Have to wait another few hours to see what damage this loss did to our standings.

We did lose to Rutgers on the road and by 3 points which should be taken into account by the computers at least if not the human polls.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

We deserved to be #2 based on the computers. Were we ready to be ranked that high?? No, because we are still a young program. I am proud of the program because they defended their ranking against North Carolina, WVU, FAU, and UCF before losing a controversal game on the road against Rutgers in a short week.  A lot of ranked teams such as Cincy dont handle their ranking that well as they start losing and falling out of the top 25 because they have that target on their back. We took teams best shot, and we barely loss. Rutgers had to resort to a few trick players to beat USF at their home field. USF at the time deserved the #2 ranking if not the #1 ranking because Ohio St didnt have the strong resume that USF had.

• Content Count:  959

Ohio State #1 because they are Ohio State. Not because who they have beaten in 2007. I will put our team up against anybody and not be scared.

• Content Count:  2,461

Was there a purpose of this post other than to say "I knew it the whole time but didn't say anything"?

• Content Count:  635

no, we deserved the #2 ranking. we were undefeated and had some of the best wins in the country. you get ranked based on your resume

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

And who did deserve to be #2?  I've seen most of the highly ranked teams, and I think we could compete with and win against any of them.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  936

We deserved being ranked #2 ... we ar still a Top 10 team this year. And I expect us to end up being a BCS Bowl team.

Go BULLS !!!

Agreed!

Archived