• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I never got upset when people said we didn't deserve to be #2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

No, I wasn't saying I knew better, etc.  This post was mainly in response to those blaming the loss on CJL or this player or that player.  The fact is, who in August ever expected to play for a NC this year?  We need to be happy at how well we are doing.  We are just not there (yet.)  If we were, we would still be #2.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,165

I won't say that we didn't deserve number two, because we DID deserve it given the course of events this season.  However, our team is not at the caliber of standard #2 teams yet.

• Content Count:  27

Like others have said, if we didn't deserve #2, then who did? I won't gripe about the undefeated teams but I can gripe about the ones still in front of us.

What team, in front of us, has a better resume other than LSU?

#4 Oklahoma - Nope. Lost to a 4 loss Colorado team and beat two 10-20 ranked teams at the time of playing.

#5 Oregon - Nope. Lost to the #6 team in the country (at the time) which isn't bad but also hasn't had another top 25 team to test them yet this year.

#6 West Virginia - Nope. We beat them, they've beaten no one in the top 25.

#7 Arizona State - Lump them with Ohio State and Boston College. Haven't lost but haven't been tested.

#8 Virginia Tech - Nope. Lost to the #2 in the nation at the time. Only signature win is against the unranked (22 ranked at the time) Clemson Tigers.

#9 Florida - I'm kind of indifferent on this one. Lost to the #1 team in the nation at the time and an unranked team we beat. But also have had to play 4 top 25 opponents this year (at this point), so their SOS has to be higher than ours.

#10 USC - Biggest fraud of the bunch. Played 1 top 25 at the time of playing which is now an absolute shell of it's former self - Nebraska. I don't know if anyone else saw it, but USC LOST TO A 41 POINT UNDERDOG............ AT HOME.

So I don't know what "a top 5 teams looks like." Or how a top 5 team is supposed to take care of things, but if you don't think we should be in the top 5, tell me which one of these fakes should? I am a firm believer in just play and win and these things will take care of themselves. And I also think there are plenty of things our team can do better, but it's obvious where I stand on our ranking.

• Content Count:  155

we are a top 25 team for sure... but to be honest about it, we are this high not just on our own merits but because of other teams losses.

this has been a crazy year for colllege balll.

i prefer to be the underdog... keeps us hungry

• Content Count:  19

as an outsider, i agree with the #2 ranking.  at the time, you were the best team in a bcs conference and benefited from a slew of other teams, who traditionally are ranked in the top 10 (and yes, 'traditional' does play a factor to the pollsters).  not to mention you had a convincing win over a top 5 opponent and a win against an upper level SEC team. 

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

And another thing. I never understand why people say that we are ranked so high by default because other teams lose. That does not make since because the reason there are ranking each week is for the fact that ranked teams do lose. UF moved up last season by default because ranked teams lost, so are you saying that they didnt deserve to be #2 heading to the title game?? If teams didnt lose then the ranking would be about the same, but the point is that USF won while the others could not handle their business on the field. So, I will never understand why fans want to downplay that about USF getting ranked so high.

• Content Count:  1,238

And another thing. I never understand why people say that we are ranked so high by default because other teams lose. That does not make since because the reason there are ranking each week is for the fact that ranked teams do lose. UF moved up last season by default because ranked teams lost, so are you saying that they didnt deserve to be #2 heading to the title game?? If teams didnt lose then the ranking would be about the same, but the point is that USF won while the others could not handle their business on the field. So, I will never understand why fans want to downplay that about USF getting ranked so high.

Answer: You are (as I am) a fan of USF and they are not. ;D

:gobulls

Archived