• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

OK, last week a thread came up about the SEC and I said no thanks. Well, Thursday night got me thinking.

The Big East has an inferiority complex. I think you can put us or WVU up against anyone and we have a chance to win. Last year, UL, WVU, or Rutgers. There is no reason for this inferiority complex.

What does it hurt? Well, the Big East is pimping out their teams to ESPN for these stupid weeknight games. Of course when the season started, if anyone, they would have expected Rutgers to be top 5, and playing at home isn't so bad. But as it turned out, the team getting the most respect for the conference was knocked out of National Championship contention due to playing a game on the road in a short week.

Our defense looked a step slow. Injuries mounted. The O-line couldn't keep up. It all comes from having to travel and not getting to fully recover from the previous week.

They did the same thing to UL last year. Louisville went in their in the National Title hunt, and lost on a Thursday night after a huge win over WVU the week before. The Big East is shooting themselves in the foot because they think we need the national exposure.

In the SEC, ACC, Big Ten, PAC-10, etc., teams aren't expected to play games like this.

Thats pretty much all I had to say, nothing we can do about it, but the coaches need to get together and put an end to the thursday games. Firday's aren't too bad, but Thursday is ridiculous unless it is coming off of a bye week.

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Our style of play fits the ACC pretty well in my opinion. The SEC is heavy hitting and that doesn't really suit our team.

But everything you said about the weeknight games were spot on my friend. Spot on!

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Depends how things go... had we won we would have been blow up even more... maybe have been #1 on Sunday.

• Content Count:  3,096

Would be odd to see a swap between conferences again, specifically if the teams that swap are the Bulls and BC.

Depends how things go... had we won we would have been blow up even more... maybe have been #1 on Sunday.

Agreed, but it is nearly an impossible win. Basically, 2 years, 2 title contenders, 2 "see we told you the big east is weak"

We win that game 100% of the time on a full week...and apparently they also get JV high school refs to work the games as well. But, I don't think it would have been close with 2 more days off.

• Content Count:  5,903

Rutgers had the same amount of time to prepare and they played good football. Refs or no refs, Rutgers played good ball and beat us.

That being said, I do wish all the games were on Saturday. I'm a traditionalist.

• Content Count:  1,241

Yah these thursday games need to go away unless the teams playing on thursday have the previous week off.

As for changing conferences, i really love it here and i dont want to change conferences, the only reason i might support it, is because travel to road games would be a lot easier in the ACC or SEC.

• Content Count:  12,293

the gators would NEVER let us join the SEC.

we will stay in the big east for a long time

I never followed through with saying that I wanted to change conferences. What I was getting at was that that conversation got me thinking about the negative effects of the Big East.

I like the BE, and I think we are a good fit for now.

As for RU playing on the same rest, you can really push through fatigue in front of a home crowd. The team is energized off of their fans, and even though they were just as tired, it's much easier to do at home (and I think that is what the BE was thinking when it was scheduled).

Archived