• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am checking out for 1 week.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I can't stand the negative hits from the bandwagon fans (On this board that is the people w/ under 100 posts who shout greatness when times are good, and Jump on the coaches and players backs when we lose) that seem to be running rampant now... As a general rule from now on if I do not recognize the poster I am not reading the post...  Of course there is new life on this board and I love most of the new fans, however as someone who attended USF when we did not have football (Yes that means that I spent weekends at UCF, UF, FSU, and UM cheering on THEIR programs) I can't stand attacks on our coaching staff...  See you next week... AND FOR YOU NEW FANS:  APPRECIATE WHAT WE HAVE HERE AT USF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

lol... its called criticism. Because people on this board criticize the coaches doesn't mean they are fans or bandwagon fans. This is what typically happens when teams lose. If you don't already know that then its hard to believe you are a real football fan. I honestly feel like Leavitt was outcoached. We made no adjustments at the half which is something Leavitt is typically great at. By me saying this, it doesn't mean I am not a fan, or i'm a bandwagoner. I am expressing my opinion, which I and others are entitled to. Since the day I was accepted to USF I have been a fan. Take your week off... nobody will care... but I can almost guarantee that you will be back and posting before next friday. SEE YA.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Very well said T-Man

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

lol... its called criticism. Because people on this board criticize the coaches doesn't mean they are fans or bandwagon fans. This is what typically happens when teams lose. If you don't already know that then its hard to believe you are a real football fan. I honestly feel like Leavitt was outcoached. We made no adjustments at the half which is something Leavitt is typically great at. By me saying this, it doesn't mean I am not a fan, or i'm a bandwagoner. I am expressing my opinion, which I and others are entitled to. Since the day I was accepted to USF I have been a fan. Take your week off... nobody will care... but I can almost guarantee that you will be back and posting before next friday. SEE YA.

I'm going to go ahead and read some humor into this, b/c this is exactly what he was talking about.

I think he knows how the board works, he's been here for a while.  :D

• Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

People are allowed to make criticisms.  It doesn't mean they are not proud of the team for what they have done and it doesn't mean that they don't love the team.  It is frustrating to watch what happened last night.

im sure he does know how boards work. If he does, then im sure he knows that there are ALWAYS negative comments after a loss... He just isn't used to the amount of comments because there are so many more fans getting involved.

People are allowed to make criticisms.  It doesn't mean they are not proud of the team for what they have done and it doesn't mean that they don't love the team.  It is frustrating to watch what happened last night.

now that was well said...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Criticism is fine, it happens.  But when fans mix in insults and other personal attacks, it's not being just "critical or objective".  Not everyone knows how to win and to lose with grace, and that's too bad.

On one one hand one of our more critical voices says we can't pin the loss on a bad call or two - that we should have won regardless.  Then the fan turns around and pins the loss not on one or two bad calls, but on a single member of the team. 

I'd like to ask that as the criticism continues you keep in mind that you can criticize objectively without put downs, name-calling and using crude terms such as "sucks" to describe a player.  That disrespectful stuff is not welcome.  Try to use the vocab you've picked up in middle school to appropriately relate your position.

It will make the board a better place to be after losses like this one.

Thank you.

keep in mind. SMAZZAA or whatever his name is has 44,000 MORE posts than you do T-Man.  His post  titled " Leavitt was out of control" critisized Leavitt... I suppose hes not a fan.. He is just some bandwagoneer.

• Content Count:  3,048

I've only been here for a couple years and I'm tempted to do the same.  As Brad said, it is not reasoned criticisms that bother people but a couple people who registered last month acting like douchebags.

Archived