• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting conversation today...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

So ate lunch today with some vendors and had an interesting conversation with them.

They commented on USF fans at the games and the reputation around the state that they've been both overhearing and experiencing. The comments made were that USF fans at the home games were obnoxious, rude, and downright childish.

One gentlemen went as far to say that he may never go to another home game and would prefer to watch at home so he didn't have to deal with the immature. I believe his bad experience was during the WVU game, and he sat up in the 300's somewhere. I can verify.

Anyway - this concerns me.. Maybe it concerns you, maybe it doesn't..  but we really need some southern hospitality traditions instilled. A reputation like UM's could be awful for USF..

Your thoughts?

• Content Count:  72

As far as what has been overheard, well, if your team just finished losing then you look for anything to tear down the program that beat you.  Look east for a prime example.  As far as experience I think thats a combination of a few factors.  One, we have very young fans for the most part who get the beer muscles and loose it little bit. Secondly, a lot of people see what they want to see.  Yes we have some fans that suck.  So does every other program.  Anytime you get 67,000 people together for any reason there are bound to be some assorted @ss*****.  If you happen to see them they are your perception of the program.  Pass the haterade.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I LIKE STEAK.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

it's college football.  there are going to be a-holes in any crowd.  look at Rutgers, they booed servicemen (which i didn't necessarily have a problem with, but alot of people did).

if you're lookin for "southern hospitality," Tampa isn't the place.  there are as many yanks, midwesterners and immigrants here as there are old school southern "Florida crackers" (in the traditional sense, not the racial slur sense).

with so many different subcultures and mixtures here, it's virtually impossible to have one solid communal sense of values and "etiquette" like they have up in Auburn, for example.

way i see it, u go to a college football game--- especially one that involves beer--- and u kinda gotta expect a rowdy atmosphere.

but if u don't look for trouble and don't take it personal, and just go with the flow and ignore the occasional heckling, you'll have a good time... if you're expecting a football game at a sold out Raymond James to be like Bingo night at the DAV center, u should probably find somewheres else to spend your Saturday evening/afternoon.

• Content Count:  771

there is a difference between **** talking and being rude. And the line is pretty clear. When we are up 20 points.... I calm down. When it is a nail bitter, I go crazy. When we leave the game, I thank everyone for commin out and wish them a safe drive home.

• Content Count:  21,337
  • Days Won:  10

I agree it was all the youth that were taking crap and being obnoxious.  I was having a nice conversation with the WVU fan next to me.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I don't buy the classless fans arguement from anyone anymore. After each of our 6 wins so far this season, the losing team always complains about the classless fans. Heard it from UCF. Heard it from WVU. Heard it from UNC. And yes, even heard it from some AU fans. It's something that comes with the territory of being good. People will say anything to take away from our accomplishments.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

has anyone noticed the Taco Bell mix from the grocery store tastes better than Taco Bell itself...hmmmm

• Content Count:  2,363

has anyone noticed the Taco Bell mix from the grocery store tastes better than Taco Bell itself...hmmmm

Probably because you use Grade A meat instead of Grade Q or whatever Taco Bell uses.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

hell no...i use that crap MacDill sells...."key meat"...really..what am I eating?

Archived