• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This was posted somewhere (maybe the BC board?)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

My colleague, who is a Boston College alumnus and fan, e-mailed me this brief, unconfirmed story/post.  I don't know why it starts out "From the Big Ten Network" because I can't find it on the Big Ten's website (or anywhere for that matter).  Take it for what you will ... IT'S PROBABLY GARBAGE!  Regardless, it's interesting to think about:

From the Big Ten Network

The Big Ten is looking at going ahead and expanding to twelve teams. Overtures have been made to the University of Missouri.

If Missouri accepts and moves out of the Big 12, that conference in turn may ask its old Southwest Conference member, Arkansas, to come back into the fold. The reason being that there are many old rivalries between Arkansas and the current Big 12 members.

If this move would happen, the Southeast Conference would be faced with filling a vacancy. That leads to speculation that the SEC might approach the University of South Florida to leave the Big East and come aboard. The rationale there being that the Atlantic Coast Conference has two members residing in Florida and it would even out the SEC’s representation in the state verses the ACC. USF in the SEC? Why not?

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

not gonna happen

• Content Count:  1,911

This is the most likley of the billion or so scenarios people have come up with (in regards to USF and the SEC). But that doesnt mean a. it's true, or b. it's going to happen.

• Content Count:  2,363

That's too much domino effect on the way to us. I'd say more realistic, the Big Leven snatches Mizzou, The Big XII calls up TCU.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Whatever.... I just don't want this board to whine and complain and beat itself up like the UCF board does about getting into the Big East. That is all they can focus on and dream about and they look pathetic.

I like the Big East just fine.

• Content Count:  4,738

or the Big 12 snatches up Boise State

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

not gonna happen

Of course not ......... UCF is a lock for that SEC spot.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I don't want to move. If we do, we will be hard pressed to challenge for a conference championship any time soon. The Big East has been great to us, there is no reason to leave at this point. In 10 years, maybe, but right now, I think the Big East is a great home for our Bulls.

Archived