• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kirk Herbstreit says we should not go to the NC game if we go undefeated

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

its sad if it doesn't... but lets hope we are in position to find out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  35
  • Days Won:  0

Herbie has a point though.  There is precedent on this. 

Let's not forget that just a couple of years ago Auburn totally mowed everyone, ended the year undefeated, and did not get the BCS nod.

p.s. And this was an Auburn team that unlike those p****** in Baton Rouge and Norman, were not afraid to go on the road and take on everyone.

• Content Count:  5,903

He put us #5 because he thinks we are going to lose to Rutgers. If he thinks we are going to lose to Rutgers why would he put us higher than 5?

• Content Count:  133

One game at a time. We need to put up good numbers on Thurs then hope for some losses on Sat. VA Tech should beat BC.

• Content Count:  5,550

I don't think people would be so upset if WVU or Louisville ran the table...they would be hyped into the NC game by the media. A lot of this stuff boils down to popularity contest. Wait, am I making an argument for a playoff? ::)

• Content Count:  993

Herbie has a point though.  There is precedent on this. 

Let's not forget that just a couple of years ago Auburn totally mowed everyone, ended the year undefeated, and did not get the BCS nod.

p.s. And this was an Auburn team that unlike those p****** in Baton Rouge and Norman, were not afraid to go on the road and take on everyone.

1) Auburn had a horrible OOC schedule that year.  Citadel, La-Monroe, and LA Tech.

2) Auburn didn't get jumped by a one loss team.  OU and USC were both undefeated.

• Content Count:  993

I think the argument shouldn't be whether or not a 1 loss LSU team should jump USF, but whether they would jump Ohio State.  What a crock.  How can anyone dog out USF when you look at Ohio State's schedule?  Well, if it happens I will enjoy watching LSU destroy Ohio State.

I honestly feel like this is the issue at hand as well.  He is trying to deflect attention away from the fact that OSU is a fraud, and they are the team that should get jumped by a one loss team if it came down to it.  Why else would you even make the argument at this point in the season. 

• Content Count:  1,241

Best team doesn't lose.  LSU is good, but if they took care of business, no one would be debating if they still have a shot, they'd be #1.  But they didn't.  Win your games.

that only works to an extent, i dont think anyone can make a serious argument for an undefeated hawaii team being in the NC game, **** they shouldnt even be in a BCS game, they are probly worse than every 1 loss team and most 2 loss teams, i dont think there is more than 3 or 4 teams in bcs conferences that hawaii could beat

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Guys, that is his honest opinion.  Odds are it won't come into play, but now the guy can't even give his opinion on how things will work out?  Geez, lighten up.  Not everyone has to be a Bulls fan out there.

Archived