• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kirk Herbstreit says we should not go to the NC game if we go undefeated

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Best team doesn't lose.  LSU is good, but if they took care of business, no one would be debating if they still have a shot, they'd be #1.  But they didn't.  Win your games.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

I think the argument shouldn't be whether or not a 1 loss LSU team should jump USF, but whether they would jump Ohio State.  What a crock.  How can anyone dog out USF when you look at Ohio State's schedule?  Well, if it happens I will enjoy watching LSU destroy Ohio State.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Except he specificially said a 1 loss LSU or USC team should jump us.

Is there really a rational argument against that? LSU has a top 17 team and conf championship game left .... and USC has 3 top 12 teams left on their schedule.... Heck, ASU could jump us if they win out based on their SOS left.

It's not a matter of us being a better team than those others, it's a matter of how it all washes out in the polls.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

If we go undefeated, we will be in the title game.

Herbstreit, graduated Ohio State, and has been sucking up to USC ever since.

• Content Count:  1,165

Is there really a rational argument against that? LSU has a top 17 team and conf championship game left .... and USC has 3 top 12 teams left on their schedule.... Heck, ASU could jump us if they win out based on their SOS left.

It's not a matter of us being a better team than those others, it's a matter of how it all washes out in the polls.

Theres certainlty a rational argument against USC...they lost to a horrible stanford team, and then barely beat a bad Arizona team

• Content Count:  242

Someone called it this week and said he is a "walking contradiction". He sells whatever game that is generating the most interest.

• Content Count:  808

In my humble opinion, an undefeated team from a BCS conference should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS (times a gazillion) get consideration over a team with a loss.

They're not the best team in the country if they've lost.

If you have more than 2 teams that go undefeated, THAT Is the point at which you should start comparing SoS, style points, etc.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Theres certainlty a rational argument against USC...they lost to a horrible stanford team, and then barely beat a bad Arizona team

I'm not looking in the past, just where they are now and what they have for the rest of the year .... Again, I'm not saying they SHOULD be 1 or 2. I'm saying that, based on the system, there's a decent chance that if they win out and we win out they could jump us ... and so culd other teams based on their SOS for upcoming games.

In my humble opinion, an undefeated team from a BCS conference should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS (times a gazillion) get consideration over a team with a loss.

They're not the best team in the country if they've lost.

If you have more than 2 teams that go undefeated, THAT Is the point at which you should start comparing SoS, style points, etc.

[glow=yellow,2,300]Am I the only one that feels this way?[/glow]

I'm sure we all feel that way ...... but that may not be the way it works out.

Archived