• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF wants to avenge loss to Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

From the beginning of the season, I've said that Rutgers did not scare me at all. Reading this has further solidified that feeling.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757

Rice was only able to put up 202 on us for one reason last year... the officiating.  The game with RU last year was decided by the officials long before kickoff. 

Remember, last year the BE was the punching bag of the media to open the season, with many pundits calling for us to lose the BCS tie in.  Then we suddenly have more undefeated teams in week 5 (RU included) than any other conference.  There was no way we were coming off a loss to Kansas and going to upset last year's BE darling, the conference wasn't going to have it. 

I have never seen that bad of a "fixed" game in my life.  They got away with murder in the trenches all night with no holding calls to show for it.  Add in a missed pass interference call right in front of the side judge on that 2-point conversion, and if that weren't enough there was always the cherry on that **** sunday... RU getting the ensuing onside kick even though replay showed it clearly went 10 yards before we recovered.  What a crock. 

I'm hoping for a cleanly officiated game Thursday night.  There is a lot of complaints flying around now about RU playing dirty this season, going for QB head shots. The positives for us that it has been brought to the media attention and it probably will be looked out for.  That and the Big East has a shot at getting 2 teams into BCS bowls this year and they probably won't be out to screw us this go-round.     

• Content Count:  2,478

I don't think there was anything wrong with that celebration. They waited for it to be in the locker room and weren't trashing our field or hitting our logo with a sledgehammer. It was clearly something they did every week after a win. That being said I can't stand it and know that as a player it would get me fired up.

Same here. Hey, they won. Props to them.

But hey, if our team uses it as motivation to stomp them on our way to New Orleans, then more power to them.

• Content Count:  81

Avenge... schlemenge.... we only lost because Amp whats his face dropped the freakin' ball, in his hands... in the endzone..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  149

Amp Hill....

>:( :nope :deadhorse :computer :box :furious :nutkick :chair :flush :chainsaw :pain :thumbsdown

I was just thinking about him and that play last night.

Amp Hill wasn't the reason we lost that game.

Hester wasn't the reason we beat Auburn either, but when the chips were down, Hester caught the ball that hit him in the numbers and Hill didn't.

I won't ever blame a win/loss on one player or one play, but he did have the chance to keep us in that game, and he dropped the ball (pun intended).

that pass did not hit Hill in the numbers-- it was batted away by the Rutgers defender on an excellent defensive play.

Stop blaming Amp Hill for us losing that game. It is not the only reason we lost

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Clebert ... "We're still hungry."

Love that quote.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

This team is ready to play Rutgers, I am more worried about UConn than Rutgers.

• Content Count:  161

"USF faces Road Test Thursday", says the media.  I DON'T THINK SO. The Bulls can't wait for payback. National TV doesn't mean anything to our guys. That used to be a factor. NOT ANYMORE. THURSDAY IS PAYBACK-BIG TIME!!

• Content Count:  69

after we WIN thursday i'm going to get a couple of friends from my neighborhood to make our own locker room celebration and send it in to the espn sound off

Archived