• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SportingNews.com: Nightmare of a BCS matchup could be coming

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

why even let other schools outside of the pac-10 and sec have teams?  obviously even if they win 30 in a row they don't belong in the title game  ::)

i love the criticism!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  105

I talked about this this morning... The computers only comprise 1/3 of the final determination... First we have to take care of business... I think everyone would agree with that... Next, BC is going to lose, even if they don't, they don't have enough ooomph from the computers to overtake us... but if LSU and Ohio St win out, we will get screwed... we need one of them to lose... the Buckeyes have enough from the voters to stay where they are or no worse than 2... while I believe if we win out, we remain 1 in the computers, LSU is #2... and they have a lot of room thay can make up in the voters... they can/will receive some extra loving from the voters, enough so that many voters will put them ahead of us (especially if they beat Auburn badly this week)... and the polls are 2/3rds of the BCS formula... unfortunately, this is really magnified when you look at STANFORD, yes 2-4 Stanford that just lost to TCU, receiving 8 votes in the Harris Poll... a lot of these people have no clue and they'll see "LSU" and vote them ahead of USF... so just win, and pull against Ohio St and/or LSU to lose... BC and Oklahoma cannot make up the difference in the computers (unless one of them miraculously reaches the #2 spot there)

• Content Count:  2,511

You know what I find nauseating?  Seeing the same overrated traditional powerhouse teams find their way into the National Championship game like Ohio State last year.  Ohio State sure proved that their state must be gay marriage friendly, because they bent over and took it right up the arse from Florida in that game.

That is what I find nauseating about the regular usual suspects that find their way into the National Championship game.

• Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

You know what I find nauseating?  Seeing the same overrated traditional powerhouse teams find their way into the National Championship game like Ohio State last year.  Ohio State sure proved that their state must be gay marriage friendly, because they bent over and took it right up the arse from Florida in that game.

That is what I find nauseating about the regular usual suspects that find their way into the National Championship game.

If you are going to talk any smack about USF ruining the party I would have to argue that Ohio State has proven nothing.  Their schedule looks incredibly weaksauce.

• Content Count:  325

Nightmare of a BCS matchup could be coming

By Matt Hayes - SportingNews

Tell me you can't see this coming. Tell me this wouldn't be the ultimate topper to a wild, zany season.

South Florida and Boston College win the two worst BCS leagues and play for it all in what would be the least-watched, least-anticipated championship game imaginable. It would set college football back 100 years.

Frankly, I'd rather watch skeet shooting.

The BCS numbers were released today for the first time this season, and we see the roadmap to January. It's not pretty for the honchos who run the BCS.

We'll start with No. 1 Ohio State. In theory, the Buckeyes are in position to make a return trip to the BCS title game. But, as this season has shown, being No. 1 is no guarantee you'll be there for long -- the Buckeyes are about as close to a sure thing as the Brat Pack is to detox.

It only gets worse from there.

At this point in the season, with all that has happened and all that invariably will, we have to look at the easiest road to New Orleans. And those two roads begin in Tampa and Chesnut Hill.

Look, USF and BC -- the No. 2 and No. 3 teams in the BCS standings -- aren't the two best teams in the nation. In fact, they're not even in the top five. But they play in user-friendly BCS leagues, which is a nice way of saying neither one has to go through the SEC or the Pac-10.

Before our friends from USF go all Gundy, I realize the Bulls won at Auburn. In fact, other than LSU, no one has two better wins than USF (Auburn, West Virginia). But winning one game against an SEC powerhouse doesn't automatically mean you'd run through the SEC or the Pac-10, or even the Big Ten, on a weekly basis.

That has been -- and will be -- the argument of all arguments.

Then there's BC, whose anchor win this season is at Georgia Tech -- three-loss Georgia Tech. And the ACC? Easily the worst BCS conference, and barely staving off the vastly improved Mountain West.

The problem with human polls is most voters use the win-and-advance system. As long as a team keeps winning, it rises in the rankings. Seriously, who here thinks Oregon -- which lost on a fluke play to Cal -- isn't one of the nation's top five teams? Or that two-loss Florida wouldn't beat anyone on a neutral field?

But don't kid yourself: If BC and USF go unbeaten, they will play in the national title game. It's just that simple. The controversial system can't snub two of its own.

No matter how nauseating the championship game will be.

• Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Matt,

You better get used to USF because the Bulls are not going anywhere from here on out. USF will be a factor in the national title for years to come, so he better get used to seeing the BULLS play football.

• Content Count:  294

There's no snobbery like college football snobbery. It's funny.

Archived