• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student section cheer question

What does him being a molester have to do with them playing his song....They arent condoning it by playing it. Hell I guess all songs by Jerry Lee Lewis should be boycotted as well huh? That logic is beyond moronic.

1) Every time his song his played he gets paid a license.  Including when HOT plays.

2) While what Lewis did was inappropriate, it was still legal...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Every time his song his played he gets paid a license.  Including when HOT plays.

Not true.  Glitter got his money when the sheet music was purchased, the band doesn't have to pay royalties on the playing of the song as long as:

1) it is not recorded and

2) not sold.

When HOT bought the sheet music they paid for a license to play the music live, they do not have to renew the license they do not have to pay for pay for playing it unless the conditions above are met.  So you are complaining after the fact.

• Content Count:  189

So pretty must you justified it by it being legal, although I dont see how, it was his second cousin and she was 13. Thats very contradicting none the less(even though Im the wrong that brought him up).

Point being I dont see how playin his song his condoning his actions and I see no issue with it.

• Content Count:  275

*music* Hey Go Bulls! *more music* Hey Go Bulls! *shorter music from band* We're gonna kick the sh!t out of you, and you and you and you and you!

it's

"S-O..U-T-H  F-L-O-R-I-D-A South florida, south florida, goooooo bulls, we're gonna kick the **** outta you, and you and you and you and you.

• Content Count:  771

*music* Hey Go Bulls! *more music* Hey Go Bulls! *shorter music from band* We're gonna kick the sh!t out of you, and you and you and you and you!

it's

"S-O..U-T-H  F-L-O-R-I-D-A South florida, south florida, goooooo bulls, we're gonna kick the **** outta you, and you and you and you and you.

uh.... no it's not cal. It is the first one mentioned.

• Content Count:  1,240

Here's another question-- Why does the student section always start the wave?  Can we not be those fans?

i agree about the wave being retarded, but i do think its kinda funny how everyone boos when the wave gets to the opposing teams section, ive sorta learned to view it not so much as the wave, but more as a way to boo the fans of the opponent

• Content Count:  275

it's

uh.... no it's not cal. It is the first one mentioned.

Apparently you're the authority on the issue, regardless of the fact I was in the student section during UNC while they were chanting it.

But ok, that didn't happen according to you. ::)

• Content Count:  1,479

Cal....I hate to tell you this, but you might have been the one doing that w/ a few other people, but the first one mentioned is what 95% of the student section does.

• Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

That is a combination of two different cheers, the first part is the part of the fight song that EVERYBODY knows and the second part is from the Gary Glitter cheer.

• Content Count:  365

as a student (senior) i can say that its the first one mentioned.

Archived