• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Corso is retarded, ranks USF #5 / May ranks USF #1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

Was anyone else watching??  :)

Mark May had South Florida as his #1  !! 

Of course Holtz had to buzzkill the whole thing by putting our Bulls at 5, and KANSAS as #2  (?!!??!?)    ::)

It was nice to see them give him smack over it...    It doesn't mean much in the big scheme I guess, but it was nice to really hear them called out at #1 - and have reasons to back up the pick - so props to Mark May for that!!

GO BULLS!!!

(oh - and just showed their projected BCS standings - Bulls #2 - helluva great season!!  Thanks Bulls!!)  :gobulls

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Melissa

Lee Corso and Lou Holtz are prime examples of what is wrong with college football. The whole traditional old boy's club. I loved it when Mark May put us at #1... was followed with Lou Holtz going off on how sad it is to see where Nebraska is now after such a great tradition... tradition this, tradition that... blah blah blah. Screw tradition, it's all about the here and now and if you take away our name I am willing to bet we'd have a lot more respect from some of the old timers.

• Content Count:  33

I saw that too.

It definitely doesn't mean smack until all its said and done, but it is nice that they're getting the nation recognition they deserve.

I also just saw their latest Allstate BCS preliminary predictions and they had Oklahoma as #1 and USF as #2.

Did anyone also see that?

JT

• Content Count:  2,277

I saw that too.

It definitely doesn't mean smack until all its said and done, but it is nice that they're getting the nation recognition they deserve.

I also just saw their latest Allstate BCS preliminary predictions and they had Oklahoma as #1 and USF as #2.

JT

Yes, it was a BCSGuru preview.  They had us at #2!  Lets hope that's how it works out tomorrow!

• Content Count:  1,911

Remember, neither Holtz nor May have a vote in any ballot.

I am 100% positive we will get at least 1 1st place vote in the AP. But I figure there will be more.

• Content Count:  64

I saw that too.

JT

Yes, it was a BCSGuru preview.  They had us at #2!  Lets hope that's how it works out tomorrow!

The BCS standings are a  joke, we will probably be #2, but unless Cincy, WVU, and Auburn keep winning to improve our SOS I can see a 1 loss team passing us.  OU, Oregon, Kentucky, or even LSU.  So, as much as we hate to, we have to root for every team on our schedule to be dominant and keep winning.  I don't care about the rankings until the last 2 weeks of the season then you can see a fairly clear picture of what's going to happen in the conference races.  Also remember we don't have a Big East championship game, so the Big 12, SEC, and ACC champions all get an extra game against what should be a decent opponent while we are sitting at home.

• Content Count:  64

I was about to start a thread about the same thing.  How is it possible to leave us out of of your top 5?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  ??? ??? ???

You guys must have just started watching gameday final this year??  I have been watching Corso for a long time and he has the same MO, first of all realize the dude is like 100 years old.  Secondly whatever game they do on location if it's a "big time" team and they win he ALWAYS says this is the best team I have seen.  He said the same thing about LSU last week, now it's OU this week, he hasn't seen USF play in person yet.  If we get them here for a game he will put on a Rocky head, and say were the greatest and have us #1 then change the next week.  See if you can keep it all straight when you get that old!!!

Kirk only has us in the top 5 because he kind of has too, he sees a lot of value in being undefeated, but he does have his favorites (Ohio State where he played, OU, and Miami) if one of those 3 teams is having a good year he will lean towards them a little, he isn't completely sold on USF yet because he isn't high on West Virginia.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Herbstreit may have just put us in at five but at least he said the right stuff.

He said "If you look at their resume and forget their name, they deserve, in my opinion, to be up in the top 5."

Thanks Herb, tell Mrs. Kirkstreit we said "Hi".

• Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Mark May is freaking awesome!!! Remember that Mark May is a BIG EAST talking head on ESPN, so I know he is going to give USF the love. He wants the BIG EAST to win the national championship, so that he can shut the critics up. I always have respected Mark May's insight on college football, so I am glad that he is backing the USF Bulls.

• Content Count:  325

Earlier, I have seen Mark May not given us our due. 

Did anyone see Gameday Final? 

Corso does not have us in his top 5 but Kirk does.

Archived