• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF is no Slouch team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I just hope we bring our A game Saturday. UCF will not be an easy game. With our porous D up the middle, we need to stop the rb who leads the nation in rushing. We need to be pumped and ready for this game. I sure do hope it's not the performance shown @FAU. Special teams need to step it up a whole hell of a lot more. And I hope Grothe and the reciever corps worked overtime in passing and catching. All in all, we need to step it up...not just for this game, but for everyone now!!!  Reaper

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

UCF: You know, you should continue play us. I mean, we almost beat Texas, we're no slouch ourselves.

USF: Don't sell yourself short UCF, you're a tremendous slouch.

With appologies to Caddyshack.

• Content Count:  145

I just hope we bring our A game Saturday. UCF will not be an easy game. With our porous D up the middle, we need to stop the rb who leads the nation in rushing. We need to be pumped and ready for this game. I sure do hope it's not the performance shown @FAU. Special teams need to step it up a whole hell of a lot more. And I hope Grothe and the reciever corps worked overtime in passing and catching. All in all, we need to step it up...not just for this game, but for everyone now!!!   Reaper

To tell you the truth...Defensively...our assignments are going to be about the same when we play Rice at Rutgers next week.  A pretty good warm-up litmus test as you will.  I say put 8/9 guys in the box and make UCF throw the football.

• Content Count:  226

If we play them like we did WV, putting pressure on the QB and fill the box, we should do fine.  Our D also need to concentrate on their tackling skills like they did against WV.  They were looking a little sloppy against FAU.

Neither of UCFs QBs could handle the pressure of a good rush.  The crowd should really help pump up our guys.

• Content Count:  7,890

I just hope we bring our A game Saturday. UCF will not be an easy game. With our porous D up the middle, we need to stop the rb who leads the nation in rushing. We need to be pumped and ready for this game. I sure do hope it's not the performance shown @FAU. Special teams need to step it up a whole hell of a lot more. And I hope Grothe and the reciever corps worked overtime in passing and catching. All in all, we need to step it up...not just for this game, but for everyone now!!!   Reaper

after the FAU game our team should realize they have to bring their A game every game

• Content Count:  136

I just hope we bring our A game Saturday. UCF will not be an easy game. With our porous D up the middle, we need to stop the rb who leads the nation in rushing. We need to be pumped and ready for this game. I sure do hope it's not the performance shown @FAU. Special teams need to step it up a whole hell of a lot more. And I hope Grothe and the reciever corps worked overtime in passing and catching. All in all, we need to step it up...not just for this game, but for everyone now!!!  Reaper

Don't give that guy props, Mike Hart leads the nation in rushing.

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

They should consider the practice for this game as practice for Rutgers as well.  Because after the game they won't have long to spin up for Rutgers.  2 days and that is it then they have to travel to NJ.

• Content Count:  1,260

The styles of UCF and Rutgers have some similarities so maybe it's a good thing we play them back to back. However, I would say that Mike Teel is a better QB than Israel...and Rutgers defense is bit more imposing while the Knights D is faster.

The home crowd will be  a big boost Saturday and put us over the top...but we better bring the A game to Piscataway on the short week.

• Content Count:  936

If we play them like we did WV, putting pressure on the QB and fill the box, we should do fine.  Our D also need to concentrate on their tackling skills like they did against WV.  They were looking a little sloppy against FAU.

Neither of UCFs QBs could handle the pressure of a good rush.  The crowd should really help pump up our guys.

I agree.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

as many holes as we have in the middle, and as much as a power/downhill running game is the way to beat a lateral defense based on speed like ours, i'm not sure Kevin Smith is quite that kind of back... he's certainly not as stocky and powerful as Ray Rice.

24K is a slasher who runs downhill, no doubt.  but i'm not quite sure he's a power back that can ram it down our throats for 30-35 carries and 150 yards, especially with that tender shoulder.  and even if he does, 150 rushing yards is not going to be enough to get it done (barring some phenomenal special teams plays or defensive takeaways that result in good field position or scores the other way), so UCiF is going to need something thru the air to make it a game.

which brings up another point... Mike Teel is an infinitely better QB than the doubleheaded sh-tsucker Greco-Israel, so we will be much more limited in our ability to stack the box against Rutgers than we will be against UCiF. Rutgers should be better equipped to keep our defense honest with a much better passing game.

that said... UCiF is definetely a good primer for what we're gonna see in Piscataway. 24K isn't Ray Rice's long lost grid-iron twin, but he's certainly closer than anyone else we've seen all season.

i also agree that they're no slouch, especially when it comes to USF.  they're gonna come into this game wanting it more than any other game in the history of their program. this is their season.  they are desperate for a win over a ranked BCS team, and they need a win if they want to keep hope alive for a 2-2 series split with the Bulls.

our guys just need to learn to bring their A-game every game, and get past the "playing to the competition" tendency that has seen us step our game up when it comes to Auburn and WVU, and crank it down when it comes to Elon and FAU.

Archived