• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Excited for this weekend?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Not really excited here. I will be at the game screaming my lungs out, but if it were next tuesday and someone told me we beat UCF 41-10, I would be just as happy.

I am a little nervous based on our performance last week, and losing is not an option in this game. If O'Leary was our coach, I wouldn't even go, it would just be too painful. I know we will win because we have Leavitt, but I want to dominate.

I will be much more excited about the rest of our games as they are conference games, and really do mean a lot. With each win, the next game becomes that much bigger (for us and our opponents).

• Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

I really just want this game to be over with.  I don't think I'm excited about it nor particularly nervous.  However, it's not like UCF doesn't have any talent.  They can be a dangerous opponent and just want to get the W and move on to the rest of the conference schedule.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Im ready to see the boys play after watching the game last week. I want to see how they respond. I think they come out like madmen

• Content Count:  1,479

Thread title is excited for the weekend: yes, absoultely. There is a mens and womens soccer doubleheader, volleyball game, and the opening of basketball practice all on Friday night. Then, a BULLS football game on Sat. Myself and several others said that the night before Elon felt like Christmas eve as a kid, so we really are excited for every BULLS football game.

• Content Count:  1,165

I'm excited, but not more than any other game

• Content Count:  1,260

I have the same nervousness that I had before FAU. These are "no-win" games....if we win; we were supposed to but it doesn't help us one bit in the conference...if we lose, all the "we knew you guys were overrated" idiots come out of the woodwork.

As far as the whole "rivalry" angle is concerned...it's lost on me because it doesn't run as strong on both sides. We're the only regular opponent on their schedule that the casual Kniggit fan even recognizes the last few years (USM, Tulsa, ECU aren't household names in Orlando). Having us on the schedule gives their fans one legitimate opponent to get fired up about and an object to obsess over. On our side, sure there is some geographical proximity and overlapping of student demographics...but I think the name recognition of our conference opponents makes the sentiment for a UCF game less adamant. If this series ended Saturday, our fans would be dissapointed, but still get geeked up to play Louisville, WVU and Rutgers next year. Having this game continue into the future and turned into a "rivalry" is obviously worth alot more to their program than ours...so I can see why they're always trying to paint us as "dodging" them.

I'm just hoping for a comfortable win but not expecting it. Will gladly take a 1 pt. victory and get my bags packed for Rutgers on the short week.

• Content Count:  30

I am excited because the UCF Fans love to run their mouth so much, that it would be nothing better than to shut them out and shut them up this Saturday.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I agree with Jim.

I am excited about all USF games, especially this year.

UCF grads I know have been talking trash, saying Kevin Smith will have a banner day on USF's defense.  I'm ready to shut them up.  Though I have not heard from many of them since ECU.  hahahahaha.

This will make us bowl eligible, with half a season to go (very nice, no waiting for someone to lose to get in....)

With us being top 5, every game is important and we are getting watched more and more.  I hope our offense scores early and often, and our D wakes up (they were asleep at FAU last week).  The team that played at FAU was not teh same team that beat WVU - period.  I want that team back (minus the turnovers of course).

I am very excited to see our team doing well and am enjoying every week.  I am now watching opponent games whenever possible to see how those we have beaten are doing, and how those who we are to play, are doing.

I'm getting excited just thinking about Saturday....

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Beyond excited, but nervous as well.  I am interested to see how our boys respond to last weekend past game.  I love going to games at RayJay with all of the excitement. It is just fun to remember when I was at USF and we had not football program and really no University pride and now we have fans and pride that are bringing back the alumni in droves. 

I would hate to loose to UCF and so I would like to see us going to Rutgers with a 6-0 record bowl elligilble.  So, I am nervous about our first defeat or let down.

Archived