• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is geared up for next year's road trip to south Florida?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

As long as the schedule holds, we are playing at FIU next season, according to GoUSFBulls.com

At least they play at FIU Stadium that is undergoing renovations and they should complete it by the 2008 season.  Wikipedia states that they plan to open the renovated stadium against USF.

Whatever other say about our close win against FAU, at least we are man enough to go on the road to play these "lower" teams like FAU & FIU.  FAU has to travel to Gainesville to play UF on 11/17 - Go Owls!  UF does not have the stones to go on the road and see for themselves that FAU can get motivated to play tough at home against an in-state school.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I thought I read that phase I of the FIU renovated stadium will only hold 18,000.  At least they will have a new scoreboard that you can actually see from the stands!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

The Gators are not going to play in some tiny stadium against a Sun Belt team. We only set these twp deals up because we could get a cheap 1-A opponent in a two for one home and home deal.

The Gators have no problem paying the teams to come play at their house for no return date. Having 88K in the stands consistently allows you to throw someone a $600K check for that privlege. And the visiting team needs that money since it is far more than they can generate at their own stadium. This is how big programs operate. We've done something similar ourselves with some payday games for teams like FAMU. We can't quite afford to pay for the bigger named teams just yet. Maybe we can from here on out-- but my guess is that we continue to setup home and home series against fellow BCS schools.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

As long as the schedule holds, we are playing at FIU next season, according to GoUSFBulls.com

At least they play at FIU Stadium that is undergoing renovations and they should complete it by the 2008 season.  Wikipedia states that they plan to open the renovated stadium against USF.

Whatever other say about our close win against FAU, at least we are man enough to go on the road to play these "lower" teams like FAU & FIU.  FAU has to travel to Gainesville to play UF on 11/17 - Go Owls!  UF does not have the stones to go on the road and see for themselves that FAU can get motivated to play tough at home against an in-state school.

it it very tough winning on the road anywhere

these are 18-21 year old kids going into hostile environments

• Content Count:  60

I agree with you 1000%. UF doesn't even try to challenge any of the other conferences, with a Home & Home series. I say, if a team is the Baddest MoFo then go out & show the world. But, no one will ever see UF do anything like that. I'm not saying that UF should do this against teams like FAU & the like, but do a Home & Home against teams like Oklahoma, UCLA, Michigan, etc. Instead of 25% of their entire schedule against the Sun Belt conference.  WEAK!!!!! Just replace one of those with a team, that can give them a good game. Just weak!!!

• Content Count:  1,241

The Gators are not going to play in some tiny stadium against a Sun Belt team. We only set these twp deals up because we could get a cheap 1-A opponent in a two for one home and home deal.

The Gators have no problem paying the teams to come play at their house for no return date. Having 88K in the stands consistently allows you to throw someone a $600K check for that privlege. And the visiting team needs that money since it is far more than they can generate at their own stadium. This is how big programs operate. We've done something similar ourselves with some payday games for teams like FAMU. We can't quite afford to pay for the bigger named teams just yet. Maybe we can from here on out-- but my guess is that we continue to setup home and home series against fellow BCS schools.

Exactly, and these were set up a few years ago anyway. I doubt we'd make a 1 for 1 with either FAU or FIU either at this point. We'd probly still do another 2-1 though.

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

My wife is an FIU grad, so we'll be there.

• Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

This thread's subject line confuses me every time I read it.  :D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

lol

UF doesn't have to offer anyone a home and home series. They mke a killing of holding 8 home games a year.

I don't blame them one bit-- I wish USF was able to do the same-- more football right here.

• Content Count:  2,511

I think we did a 2 for 1 with both FAU & FIU.  That is what what the future schedule shows, and somewhere I remember reading that CJL and/or A.D. Woolard wants to get into regular rotations with all the football schools in Florida.  Sorry UCF, we will play you again someday, but it will not be a regular exclusive deal every year.

I stand by the statement that UF does not have the guts to go on the road against a lower or non-SEC school.  They could play FAU at Dolphins Stadium just like FAU played against Minnesota at Dolphins Stadium.  No courage from the Gators coach or A.D. because they would not have that home field advantage, nor would they get all those home stadium dollars in their coffers.

LSU made commitment to play all the Louisiana state schools, and they even went into Tulane's home stadium this year.

I know I will be there next year.  These in-state road trips are kind of fun and do not involve airline flights, taking a Friday off from work, etc.

Archived