• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF needs to get hungry again...or else we will lose

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

They showed some guy who looks like he just decided to start going to the games on TV-- of course the first thing out of his mouth is--- "Well, UCF is our biggest rival so that makes the game special"

I really think that is a comment that the media has pushed on to whoever listened-- it has become reality regardless of what we all wanted apparently despite being BCS in football, being ranked, never having lost to them.

UCF is the gum stuck on our shoe. We can't shake them. If we get a mention, far too often they sneak into the article as well. I cannot stand that. We do something right and people care what they did? ugggh

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

the team is ok.

the offense needs to stop the TO's and find some velcro to catch the ball

velcrogrip is all out of eligibility

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

They showed some guy who looks like he just decided to start going to the games on TV-- of course the first thing out of his mouth is--- "Well, UCF is our biggest rival so that makes the game special"

Most of our fans have no idea why this is wrong - they just assume, they're 90 miles away and they have a team, we should play them every year!

UF and UCF are 110 miles away. Hell, Orlando is closer to Gainesville than Tallahassee is. Should they play every year? Of course not. UF has nothing to gain from that. Neither would USF if they played them every year.

• Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

we need to knock off the penalties and turnovers.

I agree with alot of what you said. I totally agree on the turnovers. Turnovers by the offense need to stop.

But penalities have gotten better. Here are the stats since USF joined I-A.

USF               Opp

8.17 71.33 2006 7.50 62.42

9.27 73.73 2005 7.09 57.82

9.64 82.55 2004 6.55 51.73

9.36 83.00 2003 6.27 47.91

11.64 98.73 2002 7.27 60.36 USF record for penalties for a season

10.00 88.00 2001 9.82 82.09

8.00 70.46 2006 7.15 59.54 Includes Bowl game

8.83 69.25 2005 6.50 55.92 Includes Bowl game

So far this year USF is 6.6 for 56.6 yds per game and our opponents are 5.8 for 46.2 yds per game. So you can see, penalties this year are much better than in years past.

Kizarvexis

• Content Count:  4,642

USF will need to get into true midseason form if we want to have a shot at living up to expectation

The offense needs to get better pronto

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF has to learn to get hungry again.

At the end of the UNC game we kinda "stopped playing" in the 4th because we "knew we won"

In the WVA game we pulled off a miracle... with those turnovers we got lucky that WVA didnt capitalize on them and turn it into points

We came very very close to losing the FAU game.

To be honest, I am surprised we maintained the top 10 rating. UCF isnt a cakewalk and we still have a few potential landmines left in the schedule

We have learned to be the "shocker" team... we have to learn how to deal with expectations.

We need focus. We need consitancy (this is a huge one)... we need to knock off the penalties and turnovers.

We have gotten a little "lucky" this season.

We are getting sloppy and loosing that edge. we are losing that hunger.

USF has sooooooooooo much potential... but if we are going to be taken seriously in "next level play", then we have to create some consitancy

Forget the hype... we need to concentrate on the fundementals.

Stay hungy my beloved Bulls... Stay lean and hungry

it is coaches toughest job to get kids up for every game

that is what makes usc's run so impressive

having good team leaders helps

• Content Count:  4,642

the offense needs to play with the same intensity as the defense... we are sooooo good when we focus and play with passion.

hopefully most of the upcoming games will fuel that fire for us!  GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I really think that is a comment that the media has pushed on to whoever listened-- it has become reality regardless of what we all wanted apparently despite being BCS in football, being ranked, never having lost to them.

UCF is the gum stuck on our shoe. We can't shake them. If we get a mention, far too often they sneak into the article as well. I cannot stand that. We do something right and people care what they did? ugggh

they are less than 100 miles from usf

been playing football for 30 years

they have a famous coach

they are our rival

Archived