• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

News on Ford

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

lol...anyone who uses "gibronies" in their 3rd word ever on this board is alright with me.

but yea, i see both sides of the arguement.  i think leavitt is coming down harder on ford because of his past and its not just missing class its missing class that you need to be in so you can make the grades to stay on the team.  we all know that ford isnt in any danger of becoming the next rhodes scholar but lay off of him. 

like i said, if anything its gonna make him mad and hungry for next week

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I personally skipped a ton of classes, thats the great thing about college.

Maybe it was the coach's rule that my sister played for (Eriksen), but I was thinking that it was a university rule that athletes had to attend all classes unless they were excused. If I am wrong about that, I take back everything I said about the whole subject.

From the "there is no rule and pre-determined punishment" perspective, I think Leavitt was too harsh if the kid didn't know before hand that it would be a huge problem.

• Content Count:  3

CUT THE MUSIC! docbuck81 is poised to become a legendary poster on this forum.  u can find me sitting in the handicap row behind the student section for home games because i have a something of an intimate relationship with a special 300+lb security guard.  i like big women... and they like me!

• Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

Thanks for the news.  Ford needs to get his act together because he has a responsibility to his team...

• Content Count:  3

hey geno auriemma... go have sex with pat summitt.  my biology lab partner, nicole kaczmarski tore up sue bird as a senior in high school. google it.

• Content Count:  29

According to my co-worker who has class with several of the football players, some NCAA guys were in class the other day with pictures of each of the athletes checking to make sure that they were there. I'm beginning to think that since we are "big time" now that they are cracking down on this stuff.  The athletes have to go to class, just like the rest of us.

Did you know that technically if you miss more than 3 class meetings (athlete or not) the professor does have the right to fail you?  University policy is very rarely enforced I suppose....

• Content Count:  12,293

i have had professors who would dock you 1 letter grade for every class that you missed.  it was a once a week 3 hour class but still....

on the other side, ive had classes were i only had to show up for the tests.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I totally agree with that. Thermodynamics wasn't one I went to regularly. Wish I could get by with not going to Chem though, that class kicked my ***.

Thermo?  Yikes.  I'm not sure how I passed that class.  I think my average was around 32%, but got a B or C because it was graded on a (steep) curve.  My big motto in that class was to at least write down the standard Thermo equation for each problem, so I'd at least get one point.  LOL

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

hey geno auriemma... go have sex with pat summitt.  my biology lab partner, nicole kaczmarski tore up sue bird as a senior in high school. google it.

I don't understand, and I don't think I want to.  :o

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I totally agree with that. Thermodynamics wasn't one I went to regularly. Wish I could get by with not going to Chem though, that class kicked my ***.

Thermo?  Yikes.  I'm not sure how I passed that class.  I think my average was around 32%, but got a B or C because it was graded on a (steep) curve.  My big motto in that class was to at least write down the standard Thermo equation for each problem, so I'd at least get one point.  LOL

LOL, me too. He was good about giving additional partial credit if you talked to him after the test too. NASA story anyone????

I am assuming you're an engineer? Civil/Water Resources c/o 2003 for me.

Archived