• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

News on Ford

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

From Greg Auman's blog at tampabay.com:

In the postgame interviews, coach Jim Leavitt announced that Mike Ford missed the game because he was suspended for missing classes. It was a one-game suspension, so he should be back next week against UCF.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  936

Good news that'll he'll be back next week.

• Content Count:  12,293

good news, in both accounts, not that he missed class but that Leavitt suspended him for it.

• Content Count:  58

Good to hear that it was my second guess and not my first. He will be a good addition next week

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Idiot...he took two years to get eligable and he doesn't seem to have learned his lesson. If it happens again, give him the boot. For some reason, that is what I expected. Anyone who attacks Leavitt's integrity is a complete moron. He did the right thing even if it was going to cost us the game.

I hope the rest of the team gives Ford hell, he really let them down today.

• Content Count:  10,219

i am starting to change my opinion of Ford...he reminds me of HILL all talent and no smarts.

not taking full advantage of a second opportunity.

hope JL message gets thru.

i am worried when ammarri leaves will Ford stay on the right path?

• Content Count:  12,293

give Ford a break, im sure other players have missed classes before but they are probably extra hard on Ford to prove a point to him.

he has shown signs of greatness...that first play against WVU was amazing, the speed and quickness he showed.

I don't question his talent for a second, and I am sure other players have missed classes.

Most of our other players didn't have to miss two years of football because of their grades. If he really loved it, he would be working his *** off to keep his grades up. Also, with the comments by Saban last week (directed at him for the most part), that is pretty stupid.

There is no excuse. My sister was an athlete at USF, and all the times I skipped class, she knew that it would kill her to miss a class, she went sick, tired, and injured, but she was always there.

What happened was, we won a big game, and Mike decided that it would be OK if he took a day off, it's not OK, when you are in the spot light, you have to be more careful than before.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I don't question his talent for a second, and I am sure other players have missed classes.

Most of our other players didn't have to miss two years of football because of their grades. If he really loved it, he would be working his *** off to keep his grades up. Also, with the comments by Saban last week (directed at him for the most part), that is pretty stupid.

And how do you know it was directed at him.  Surely you know what happens when you assume.  Ford would have been accepted to Alabama.

There is no excuse. My sister was an athlete at USF, and all the times I skipped class, she knew that it would kill her to miss a class, she went sick, tired, and injured, but she was always there.

What happened was, we won a big game, and Mike decided that it would be OK if he took a day off, it's not OK, when you are in the spot light, you have to be more careful than before.

And you know this how?  You have amazing knowledge of actual events.  Do you follow Ford around all day?

And how do you know it was directed at him.  Surely you know what happens when you assume.  Ford would have been accepted to Alabama.

And you know this how?  You have amazing knowledge of actual events.  Do you follow Ford around all day?

Wow, my bad, didn't know this was so touchy. Basically, I am very dissapointed that Ford spent two whole years getting back on the field, and he isn't sticking with it. I know he would have been accepted into Bama, I have been arguing that all week, my point was that by anyone doing something like this, it validates Saban's comments.

If you aren't dissappointed in Ford, then I apologize if my displeasure is a problem for you. If I am anything though, it is a team player. Growing up playing baseball and football, I can't imagine doing anything that would let my team down like that. It's not about him any more, there are 100+ other people on the team, and 67,000+ of us that were there last week that are depending on every single person on the team to do all that they can to win football games.

Obviously, I don't know all of the events that have transpired, but it is still dissappointing to me that this happened to this kid. I hope he has learned his lesson and Leavitt doesn't have to punish his TEAM again.

Archived