• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU Student Paper Writer slams USF

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,078
  • Days Won:  469

Steve, I can't take anymore...:)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  35
  • Days Won:  0

Finally, I know that Florida State still has two open slots for non-conference games for the 2008 season. My suggestion to Dave Hart and the rest of the administration in the athletics department, schedule South Florida for next season.

Ol' Bobby, and the rest of the kids at the school formerly known as the Florida State College for Women, aren't that dumb.  The last thing that the LoosiNoles want is to join the ever-growing list of well-established football programs that have been humiliated by the BULLS.

If there are any doubts as to the smartness of that move, they ought to gander on over to Auburn and talk to them.

• Content Count:  1,370

I replied with this on the article comment board and also sent this as a letter to the editor. The letter probably won't be published, but we'll see...

Dear Frank:

As a USF alumnus and current FSU graduate student, I was taken aback by the statements you made in “USF still no FSU.†It would’ve been something if those statements have merit, but they don’t. Instead, it merely comes off as a jealous rant that is poorly written and poorly researched. I guess all it takes to become a writer for the FSView is an online application and a $30 fee.

A couple of things to correct your inaccuracies:

1) News flash: several writers have already used the 10-year coma reference. Have some originality.

2) In the WVU game, Pat White was anemic against the Bulls defense, just as he was last year. In fact, the Bulls’ D had more trouble against his backup Jarrett Brown.

3) USF only has UCF as a non-conference rival? USF has a five-game series against the Canes and a two-game series against the Gators.

4) The Miami Hurricanes and USC Trojans don’t have their own stadiums. With 16 national championships between them, I guess they’re still not big-time programs since you argue a program is only “big-time†when they have an on-campus stadium.

5) While you remarked that the Bulls can only sellout when the Mountaineers come to town, be it known that USF has already sold out the UCF game and is on pace to sellout the Cincinnati and Louisville games.

6) Leavitt leaving? He’s already turned down Kansas State, UM and Alabama (twice). Are those not big-name programs? The bottom line is this program is his baby. He knows he could be the first coach to take a team from scratch and win a national championship.

7) No one from USF is saying they have the tradition and program prestige of the Seminoles, Gators and Hurricanes. The fact of the matter is that USF is right there with UF and UM/FSU have fallen behind. That’s this year, right now – not historical. Hell, even Coach Bowden seconded this notion when he said, “I think they are probably about as good as anybody. I’m glad to see somebody in the state of Florida holding the banner up while the rest of us try to get off the floor.†Too bad he has enough class to say that and you don’t.

Fortunately, your opinion hasn’t been representative of most FSU students, who’ve been overall congratulatory to the Bulls. Why congratulatory? Because most FSU fans with sense of their own football history realize USF is a reminder of when FSU was coming up. I’ve noticed a lot more positive remarks toward the Bulls from Noles than Canes and the ever-so arrogant Gators.

In the future, hopefully you can pay a little more attention to detail and to the facts when slamming another program, its university and its students.

Sincerely,

Michael

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

NICE LETTAH!

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Check out this bimbo's reply:

Jessica

posted 10/05/07 @ 5:27 PM EST

hahahahahaa Frankie, you crack me up.

Hey people--- it's called an editorial. The joy of the first amendment is that columnists can say whatever they want. Don't take it too personally.

Oh yeah... and as far as stadiums go... uhh anybody seen the new UCF stadium? BECAUSE IT'S BALLIN! I can't wait to play USF! (little plug for UCF there... GO KNIGHTS)

Oh and here is the reason FSU will remain better than USF for the time being

ALthough USF has made an incredible turnaround with their team and have quite an impressive record this year (I am surprisingly impressed with upsets this year), sometimes you just can't compete with history. See, FSU has been around since... well... probably before my ancestors rode the boat to America.. With that being said, they've had a long time to build a respectable football team. USF is well on their way to doing that too, but until they have 50 years of football under their belt and couple national championships, it's hard to gloat that USF has surpassed FSU. Although Frankie added a few hard knocks toward USF, (like the acceptance rate), he's not too far off there either. Not to say USF isn't academically sound, but let's face it kids... I know people with only 4 brain cells left that got into that school and their profile GPA of 3.69 is a nice figure.. but still shy of UCF who has a 3.71 (and trust me, we have our fair share of idiots here dumbing us down)IDK FSU's but I can't imagine it being too far off.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,725
  • Days Won:  425

Steve, I can't take anymore...:)

It's a setup ..... Don't be fooled.    ;)

• Content Count:  118

Now, she was a rocket scientist.

And, I would be "BALLIN" too if I was a brand new stadium and I housed a team like UCiF.

Go Knights.  Seriously, just go.  Don't say anything, because our iqs shrink everytime we listen to you.

Archived