• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU fan here......couple of questions about Friday.

istep

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Theres a ton of good info in this thread where we gave UNC the run down about the bay area and some of our favorite spots. 

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=37601.0

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

OK I like the sounds of the open container enforcement!!  Are all the lots around the stadium permit parking only or can you drive up and pay $20 to park??  Well it sounds like Press Box before the lots open and tailgating after that........thanks for the help and also the link to TexanMark's Tailgate Guide.  I printed that off and will bring that with me.  

So, on to more important things........what are your thoughts about the game?  Keys to victory??  Grothe scares me to death, your defense is very good, and this is huge game in a big time environment.  

• Content Count:  275

You can pay $10 for the mall parking lot.

My thoughts on the game....well they don't play out well for you:) This is the first time we've sold out the stadium...and with a good reason. It will be LOUD.

• Content Count:  39

Well to be honest, crowd noise isn't one of my main concerns.  It doesn't get any louder than VT and we have been one of only a few teams to win down there on a fairly regular basis.  Plus I was at the Sugar Bowl and that place was 80% UGA fans.  I have come to learn that execution on the field will quiet the loudest of crowds.  Hopefully we can get out of the gates fast and take the crowd out of the equation. 

• Content Count:  12,293

all stadium lots are $10 for USF games...

• Content Count:  18

Just FYI, the old mall parking lot is full of students. So if you park there prepare to get heckled relentlessly. There will be a lot of drinking going on and you know what that can sometimes lead to. But it should all be in good fun. Just be prepared.

• Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

Hah, I knew someone would say Mons Venus...

Anyway, I don't think you will get heckled too bad unless you are obnoxious.  In fact, I think even if you are obnoxious you won't get heckled too bad. 

Two years ago when we were playing Louisville there was this big row of Louisville fans in front of us blabbing constantly about how awesome they were and no one ever said anything to them.  No matter how deep the hole got, they kept saying it would be "no problem" to catch back up.  It was fun watching them file out after they got destroyed.

The last time WVU came here we actually sat next to and chatted a lot with some of the fans.  They were pretty nice!

• Content Count:  119

Welcome to Tampa! I hope your group enjoys the festivities near the game.

As for game tips, there's one thing you have to know: Our D is ready to play! Be prepared to hear George Selvie's name A LOT! :)

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

There is also a dog water cafe about 2 miles away just past hillsborough on Himes ave.  It is a short drive to the stadium from there.  It is a beer/wings/tv sports kind of place.

Also, on Hillsborough Ave near the airport is a very large Hooters which I often "tailgate" at before USF games.  Lots of TV's, good food, cold beer, count me in...

Hope you have a great stay in Tampa and enjoy the game, though I hope the bulls come out victorious....  Go Bulls.

btw, you may encounter a few (probably drunk) bulls fans who will heckle you, don't let them bother you as the overwhelming majority of us are nice/friendly to opposing fans. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

DOG WATER RULES!

French fries in doggie bowls ftw!

Archived