• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Companion Tickets?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

I spoke with Paul yesterday at the game and he said that each student can purchase (2) companion tickets w/end zone access. All other companion tickets purchased by the same student will only have upper level access. Somehow, according to him, the companion tickets will say whether they are for the end zone or the second level.

• Content Count:  348

Others who have bought companion tickets this morning are saying they were issued a wrist band for their companions.  My question is with "student section season tickets" we were not issued a wristband (because tickets were recieved over a month ago before the new policy) yet others here have posted that these tickets are guaranteed for the lower bowl (per athletics office). 

Sounds like the companion tickets were issued wristbands so it could easily be identified who was supposed to be there and who isn't, so where does this leave the "student section season ticket" holders?  Issued wristband at the game?  just show tickets at lower bowl enterance?

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I talked to my brother about a half our ago, and he told me that the Sun Dome has stopped selling companion tickets because they are sold out.

• Content Count:  29

I purchased a companion ticket this morning for the lower level. In order to go in the line to purchase a companion ticket (regardless of upper/lower), we had to have already received a ticket and wristband. A wristband was issued with the companion ticket (at least for the lower level). We were able to purchase 1 companion ticket for the lower level, or 2 for the upper level. There were also further limits on the number of companion tickets that could be sold. I'm not sure if they're sold out yet, but I'd imagine so. (Just speculation though.)

eebullman: I never knew there were student section season tickets, so I'm not sure how to answer your question.

• Content Count:  2,277

Others who have bought companion tickets this morning are saying they were issued a wrist band for their companions.  My question is with "student section season tickets" we were not issued a wristband (because tickets were recieved over a month ago before the new policy) yet others here have posted that these tickets are guaranteed for the lower bowl (per athletics office). 

Sounds like the companion tickets were issued wristbands so it could easily be identified who was supposed to be there and who isn't, so where does this leave the "student section season ticket" holders?  Issued wristband at the game?  just show tickets at lower bowl enterance?

I am in the same boat here.  I have the "Student section season tickets" as well.  I had my student friend (who was in line this morning) ask Stuben, with the ticket office.  He said that all we have to do is show our ticket and we should be fine.  OK, that sounds fine to me but I don't know if I want to leave me getting into the lower bowl sections up to the competency of the ticket checkers at the stadium.  Do they even know the difference or are they just looking for wrist bands?

Do they even know the difference or are they just looking for wrist bands?

Exactly my thought.....    I had someone at the NC game tell me I couldn't even enter the gate without an armband with my tickets.  Obviously he was wrong, but I hope they got all the kinks out.  If some people will be allowed in the lower bowl without an armband why give them to companion tickets?  I wouldn't mind wearing an armband to save the hassles of improperly trained security people.

I emailed Paul at the ticket office and here's what I got:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Paul,

I know you're really really busy right now but I just have one quick question for you... Since they're giving wrist bands to the companion ticket people now what about us with the "student section season tickets"?  I have heard that it is OK and we will just show our ticket and can get into the lower section.  The only problem I have though is I don't know if I want to rely on the competency of the stadium security people as to whether I am in the lower section or not.  Are they going to be just looking for wrist bands or are they going to be trained to know to let the people who are supposed to be down there in as well?  I am a little worried because those security people aren't the britest most of the time.

Thanks,

Scott

---------------------------------------------------

You should be fine getting in with those tickets.

----------------------------------------------------

The question is though... are the security people going to be trained?  Someone on the BP said that last game they had someone not let them in with one and they had to go to a different security person.

-----------------------------------------------------

I will let the people know here to mention something to them, but I can’t guarantee that they will be a lower level seat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Wrist bands are the way to go, I guess...

I just spoke someone else at Athletics that assured me that as long as I get in and there are seats available in the lower bowl that everything is all good.

I just spoke someone else at Athletics that assured me that as long as I get in and there are seats available in the lower bowl that everything is all good.

Thanks for the info fishin.  Guess I'll be in super early to make sure this week though. 

look for the only guy there without a green wristband :D

Archived