• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Companion Tickets?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

Does anybody know if we can purchase companion tickets when we pick up our student tickets at the sundome tomorrow? will the companions be able to sit in the lower bowl?

WEST VIRGINIA

Student ticket pickup will be available next week, while quantities last, for the game against No. 5 West Virginia (Friday, Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. on ESPN2):

Monday, Sept. 24 - 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. 

(Students can camp out in front of the Sun Dome; restrooms will be available; will move inside in the case of inclement weather)

Tuesday - Thursday, Sept. 25-27 - 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.

Friday, Sept. 28 - 7 a.m. - Noon

12,000 tickets are available for students at the West Virginia game and they will go fast.  The game is expected to be a sellout and students are encouraged to arrive early on Monday if they want to gaurantee they will receive tickets.

Students must bring a valid USF ID to pick up tickets.

There will be a limited number of companion tickets available at $16.

Ticket office representatives will be on campus on each of the satellite campuses for distribution on Tuesday, Sept. 25.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

So the question is, and no one seems to know the answer... do the people with companion tickets automatically go upstairs?  They don't give wristbands with companion tickets...

• Content Count:  275

companion tickets get to sit with the students, hence the companion part of companion tickets.

where they enter? idk but I assume if a student has a wristband, their companions could enter there as well.

• Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

The question is... can I buy a companion ticket myself tomorrow morning -- or do I have to have a student with me at the Sun Dome to do that? :(

Yes, I know the concept and definition of companion tickets.  ::) Since the sections are general admission, and you have to have a wristband to get in the lower section... are they going with a "he's with me" system?  If so, what is to stop students from getting their tickets late and going into the lower section with their friends?  The lower sections will fill up with those people and those with legit wristbands would be shut out.

• Content Count:  2,277

If you have a companion ticket you can sit wherever you want.  You do not need to be accompanied by someone with a wrist band.  The companion tickets look different than the standard student tickets.  The companion tickets are subtracted out of the total 8000 student tickets that are available for the lower bowl.  A student is the only one that can purchase a companion tickets for non-students.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I thought I heard that they were giving out wristbands for the companion tickets for this game. It would certainly make sense.

If that is the case, does said companion need to be present at the time of purchase?  It would be great if athletics would give more detailed info, but no one seems to know for sure.

Other than having a limited number that has not been disclosed (either a limited total or limited per student), what is different about this than all the previous companion purchases?

1 - In the past, the companion has not had to be present that the time of purchase.

2 - In the past, to get into the student section, the companion had to present his or her ticket.

3 - In the past, companions who already had their tickets could enter through any gate and not have to wait in the student line (although most companions entered with their students).

I haven't seen any changes to the above... (but I could be wrong - I don't work for athletics, nor have I spoken with them about this).

Archived