• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UPDATE: To Do List, WVU Tickets, Wrist Bands, Bandanas, Etc.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

Regarding this thread:

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=37694.0

We had a fantastic meeting today on campus that included members of the athletic department marketing staff, student government, and student body. About 25 in attendance including some members of this site.

I'll cover some details that can be shared.

First regarding tickets.

• Tickets for WVU go on sale Monday at 6AM. Camping is permitted starting Sunday night. Camping to be done in the grass area to the left of the ticket window. First come, first serve. There will be measures in place to ensure that people can't join in the line right before ticket sales begin.. whether its a number system, sign up system, etc. TBD.
  • Wrist bands issued at time of purchase; to be warn until the game time. Wrist bands will change color for each game; expect this process from here on out.
  • Student section has expanded to left and right of the student end zone. The Oracle has a great image on the front of the current issue of upgraded seating.
  • For WVU Game, students will be permitted to buy ONE student ticket, and NO MORE then 2 companion tickets. One ID, ONE ticket.
  • Some great upgrades to the system to come. I'll allow USF staff and/or SG to announce; I won't pop this bubble.

Now regarding my TO DO LIST thread with the compilation of our ideas.

• The athletics department loves the towel/scarf/hankerchef/bandana idea. It seems as if this idea was either spawned here, or thought of already internally; but either way - looks like its going to happen. Important thing here is spreading the word. Only 6000 will be available initially; and BullsHeaven will have some for sale (1000 max to begin with) at the WVU game. We're asking folks to go to a store, and buy a green scarf or hankerchef or small towel or bandana or something similar and bring it with you. This will be used at "The Running of the Bulls" at the beginning opening of the game; and throughout the game. Do what you can to spread the word, and go pick yourself up a green bandana and bring it with you to the rest of the games. Also, once staff is able to get 60 or 70k more, thats the end of it - game attendees will need to bring them with to the remainder of the games. Let's make this happen guys. Other schools have a great tradition with this (ala Penn State), and it will take off here.
  • We're looking for a great energetic song (as we've discussed here in other threads) to play possibly between 3rd and 4th quarter. Student government and athletics is looking for some fun, energetic suggestions that they will seriously consider to roll out asap. Think Zombie Nation with Penn State, etc. Think original.
  • Bringing back the chants for the game was discussed; and we're hoping to roll it out. Green/Gold wasn't a popular choice, but "GO/BULLS" was. Hopefully this will be implemented ASAP.

I think thats all of it. Was about an hour and a half, and I'm grateful to Eric and staff for asking me to attend. Thanks to the rest of the board members that were able to come with.

OK. Discussion begins!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

yea, thanks again for having that meeting Eric....

some good ideas shared and it was a great way for the athletic department to calm some of the worries due to the change in student ticket procedures.

I think the bandana idea that Vicki mentioned will look GREAT and really help the Green Out effect that a lot of us are hoping for. 

Agreed. I'm extremely excited about the bandana's.

• Content Count:  3,078

• We're looking for a great energetic song (as we've discussed here in other threads) to play possibly between 3rd and 4th quarter. Student government and athletics is looking for some fun, energetic suggestions that they will seriously consider to roll out asap. Think Zombie Nation with Penn State, etc. Think original.

a severly edited version of Pastor Troy's "We Ready"

Notorious Big's "Victory"

either song could be purely instrumental

Instrumental version of Snoop's "Down 4 my ******"

Jim JOnes "We Fly High"

The band could play DMX's "tear it up"

thats all ive got off the top of my head... surely there is either some song roughly relating to tampa or some artist from tampa that could do this.  it would be best if it had some meaning behind it, instead of just some random "hype" song. 

• Content Count:  5

I met with Bill McGillis today in an attempt to clarify issues that popped up on the first day of the new ticket policy. Here's a link:

http://oraclesports.blogspot.com/

surely there is either some song roughly relating to tampa or some artist from tampa that could do this.  it would be best if it had some meaning behind it, instead of just some random "hype" song. 

I agree; this would be fantastic.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I have a question:

If the companions don't get their wristband tickets right away, do they have to be with the original purchaser (i.e. the student who has a current ID, ticket, and their own wristband)?  Or will the companion be able to walk up with their ticket and get their wrist band at the student entrance of RayJay?

Or did I completely miss something?!?!

• Content Count:  3,307

You can never go wrong with "Song 2" by Blur. It's even short enough that you can play the whole thing in between quarters.

Another thing I always thought would be cool: Since we'll never be able to use the pirate ship, come up with some kind of noisemaking device that has, like, a train whistle or a boat horn that you can blow after touchdowns. You know, like the goal horns at hockey games. There's an obvious name, too, a Bull-horn.

Here's an example of one - TCU's "Froghorn":

FrogHorn2.jpeg

• Content Count:  5

It is a little confusing, but companions can enter with just their ticket, they don't need a wristband and don't have to be with their companion when entering.

• Content Count:  5,903

Sounds great guys! I hope this kind of organization continues. Communication is key to make the greatest and loudest environment in the Big East! Thanks to everyone who is working so hard!

Just to clarify so there is not misunderstanding.... the towel/scarf/bandanna is to be used a la Terrible Towel like the Steelers (i.e. swirling in the air)? If so, it might be nice to give the cheerleaders/sun dolls towels of their own to instruct when to begin doing this. Just a suggestion.

Did nobody like the Finish/Strong chant? I think the Go/Bulls sounds better than Green/Gold. I really hope to hear this chant. I think it would make the atmosphere infinitely greater!!

A new song would be best... I would love to hear lyrics that refer to the city, the school, and the team. But, that may be more difficult than just picking a generic song. It's not energetic by any means... but, You'll Never Walk Alone is good song... albeit it is popular among soccer clubs.

Just my two cents.

Archived