• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ponderings on CJL

Guest USF08

At the beginning of a historic season, I am already worried about the future.

So, CJL is pretty solid on the Bulls. Loves the area, loves what he's doing. I hope he chooses to stick it out so one day our OCS has Leavitt Field.

However, does anyone else think that if the Bucs job was to be open (most likely will be) it would be something he is interested in? Depending on this season, we may be seeing more teams going after CJL than we can imagine, and maybe even at the pro level. He is an honest, hard working man with integrity and is respected in the area something the Bucs will surely be looking forsomething the Bucs will surely be looking for at this point. He wouldn't be as big as name as some others but would definately help get the Bucs back to a defensive mindeset. If, if, it would be that way, how would you feel?

Maybe it's unlikely, I'm just looking for the emotional support that Leavitt won't leave...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

He won't leave for the Bucs. I would be VERY dissapointed if he did though. I think he loves this school more than he loves his wife.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

He won't leave for the Bucs. I would be VERY dissapointed if he did though. I think he loves this school more than he loves his wife.

I think many of us on here would put our school before many significant others... boyfriends/girlfriends/best friends etc.

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

He said after Auburn that he is here for the relationships...that's not something you have in the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately NFL.

• Content Count:  7,890

he's a college coach, not an nfl coach

yeah can you see him head butting old 55

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

His style wouldn't work in the NFL.  The days of the rah rah in your face coach are dead now that the inmates run the asylum on that level. 

• Content Count:  294

USF Football is Jim's program. Everything he has said and done shows he's invested in it heart, mind, body and soul. That's a rare thing today. So I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. Not to say he won't leave someday -- all good things must end, but I don't see it as a concern for the foreseeable future.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  880

I think many of us on here would put our school before many significant others... boyfriends/girlfriends/best friends etc.

thankfully, my wife is a Bull and she completely understands my obsession.

• Content Count:  651

I can say, after playing for CJL, he wouldn't leave until he wins a championship with USF. And even after he does that, I still believe that he stays with the Bulls!!!! But you guys are right, his coaching style wouldn't work with the NFL!!!!!

Archived