• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auburn fans have class

TDog

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I have to agree that the Auburn fans were classy.  Almost everyone was friendly before the game and congratulated us afterward. 

• Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

Auburn fans were top notch.  It was refreshing to be able to go to an away game and feel comfortable walking among the opponents without fear of taunts.  That said, I'm not sure it would be the case if they were playing UAT.

I hope that Bulls fans develop that same cordial reputation.  It's great to be able to root for and be behind your team without denigrating your opponent

• Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

I was extremely impressed with their fans who were super nice to us from the moment we got there. I was especially impressed by all the alumni who seemed well put together, knowledgeable, and sincere about the game. Hope our fan base takes note....

• Content Count:  358

Drove up late on Friday and checked out the nightlife.  I was pleasantly surprised to see how friendly the AU fans were to me and my group.  Everyone was extremely nice to us and wished us good luck.

The next day we tailgated for a good 10 hours before the game!  We had to ensure a prime tailgate location which ended up being by frat row in front of the stadium.  Almost every single AU fan we met was very nice and friendly towards us.  There was absolutely no hostility towards us at all.  Almost zero trash talk (unlike on internet boards).  Most encounters were something like this =>  Some hot chick in a sun dress, comes up to us and says, with a pretty smile, “Just wanted to come over and introduce myself.  I’m Amanda.  Good luck in the game y’all.  War Eagle!† The closest thing to trash talk I actually heard was “War Damm Eagle!† Whatever that means.  ??? 

Even during the game, most of the fans I saw were pretty cordial.  Unfortunately, the obnoxious fans I saw happened to be USF fans  :-[  (I thought our 'na na naa na, hey, hey, goodbye' chant after the game was uncalled for and immature).

After the game, we went out to the bars to celebrate and everywhere we went, AU fans would come up to us to congratulate us.  We were like rock stars!  We heard a lot of “Y’all gotch’er’selves a good football team!† Of course, they said they wouldn't be so nice to us if we were an SEC team.

Overall, I was very impressed with their fans.  Seeing them act with class, even after a loss at home, made me wish our fans were more like that.  They were the epitome of southern hospitality.  It was a great weekend and a great experience.  I’m a Bulls fan through and through, but I’ll have a soft spot for Auburn now, thanks to their fans... and Amanda.. and sundresses :)

Oh yeah!  Sundresses!  Now that's what I call Southern Hospitality!

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Best fans I have met on away game trips: Penn State

Worst: Georgia Southern

• Content Count:  84

I have to totally agree with what everyone else had said and add our story to the Auburn hospitality stories.

In the first half of the game, Matt and I wandered out onto the upper deck's concession area. We past by an Auburn fan who called out a friendly, "Welcome to Auburn, y'all." We stopped to chat. Turned out he was a prior player on the '99-'03 Auburn team (and subsequent cheerleader!). He mentioned that he was worried about USF coming to play Auburn. Then he actually invited us to visit the "Letterman's Club" for former players and their guests only. We were surprised, but took him up on his offer.

During halftime, we ventured down there and met more players, including several guys from the undefeated '04 team. We were slightly worried we were in for some kind of weird opponent hazing, but everyone was so nice (we did have a few strange looks at our Bulls gear being in their inner circle club). The two military officers from the opening of the game were there and spoke briefly. Very amazing experience! After the game, we got a text message from our new Auburn friend saying, "Let's not discuss the game, but I'll buy y'all a drink at SkyBar." Went out drinking with the former Auburn players and again, nothing but positive comments from people.

This was our first road trip, aside from the two bowl games, and we'd go back to Auburn in a heartbeat!

• Content Count:  243

I met a couple Auburn fans at the Pizza bowl in B-Ham. They just came out cuz they like football. Very decent peeps ...

• Content Count:  121

Made the trip as well.  Auburn fans were awesome.  Before, During, and After the Game.  Go Bulls but of course we all have to pull for the Tigers now to represent in the SEC.  Auburn is one of those teams that has to earn their respect every year.  They are never a consensus pick to win the West much less the SEC.  But every year they prove the nay sayers wrong and find themselves right in the thick of things.  A real shame they didn't get to play for a national championship a few years back.     

Archived