• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auburn fans have class

TDog

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Drove up late on Friday and checked out the nightlife.  I was pleasantly surprised to see how friendly the AU fans were to me and my group.  Everyone was extremely nice to us and wished us good luck.

The next day we tailgated for a good 10 hours before the game!  We had to ensure a prime tailgate location which ended up being by frat row in front of the stadium.  Almost every single AU fan we met was very nice and friendly towards us.  There was absolutely no hostility towards us at all.  Almost zero trash talk (unlike on internet boards).  Most encounters were something like this =>  Some hot chick in a sun dress, comes up to us and says, with a pretty smile, “Just wanted to come over and introduce myself.  I’m Amanda.  Good luck in the game y’all.  War Eagle!† The closest thing to trash talk I actually heard was “War Damm Eagle!† Whatever that means.  ??? 

Even during the game, most of the fans I saw were pretty cordial.  Unfortunately, the obnoxious fans I saw happened to be USF fans  :-[  (I thought our 'na na naa na, hey, hey, goodbye' chant after the game was uncalled for and immature).

After the game, we went out to the bars to celebrate and everywhere we went, AU fans would come up to us to congratulate us.  We were like rock stars!  We heard a lot of “Y’all gotch’er’selves a good football team!† Of course, they said they wouldn't be so nice to us if we were an SEC team.

Overall, I was very impressed with their fans.  Seeing them act with class, even after a loss at home, made me wish our fans were more like that.  They were the epitome of southern hospitality.  It was a great weekend and a great experience.  I’m a Bulls fan through and through, but I’ll have a soft spot for Auburn now, thanks to their fans... and Amanda.. and sundresses :)

• Content Count:  1,981

There fans were way too nice. I felt like I was in the middle of Pleasantville. They would come up to us, and say "Go Bulls" while giving us the  :gobulls sign. One of their fans even brought to our tailgate a brand new bottle of Tequila Cuervo and shared it with us till it was gone! Another guy walked all the way from his tailgate tent to the sidewalk we were just to tell us what a great team we have. I was expecting the usual "How many National/Conference championships do you have?" smack but I never heard it.   Class acts all around.

• Content Count:  594

I think you'll find that to be the case with most established programs in the South. I know the Southern Miss fans were similarly cordial. We are coming off a bit nouveau riche right now, and it would behoove us to take a lesson from fans of teams that have "been there" in our appreciation of our opponents. Smack is fun, no doubt, but I've heard from several students who made the trip already that a lot of USF fans were out of line, which, sadly, isn't all that surprising to me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

I think you'll find that to be the case with most established programs in the South. I know the Southern Miss fans were similarly cordial. We are coming off a bit nouveau riche right now, and it would behoove us to take a lesson from fans of teams that have "been there" in our appreciation of our opponents. Smack is fun, no doubt, but I've heard from several students who made the trip already that a lot of USF fans were out of line, which, sadly, isn't all that surprising to me.

I know some folks who would say the exact opposite about them.

Personally- they seemed ok for the most part although they did not treat as anywhere near as nice as the AU fans.

• Content Count:  594

I am speaking purely of my experience with them at the GMAC bowl this year. I know other people got into a few scuffles with them back through the years, but as for me, they were more than willing to share their fellowship, booze, and barbecue.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

I have to agree 100% about the Auburn fans. Everyone who passed by us welcomed us, thanked us for making the trip and wished us luck. Also had many who stopped to say hello, chat a bit about our team, the trip and how we were enjoying it and take pictures with us. After the game we had a couple of guys come by and tell us what a great team we had, how we deserved to win, hope we all had a great time, etc.

Overall it was the best road-trip I have had the pleasure of taking because of the atmosphere, the fans and the outcome.

As for obnoxious fans, as we've maintained on here for quite awhile, every team has their "10%". Everyone reacts to things differently, and unfortunately there isn't going to be much that can be done to change that. Myself personally love having opposing fans at RayJay, tailgating with them and talking football. During the game, we'll talk some trash and rib some people because of where we sit, but once the game is over, as long as you weren't a total a-hole, let's go have a beer and enjoy ourselves. 

• Content Count:  152

The Auburn fans I met before, during, and after the game were awesome!  They all thanked us for coming and glad to help give directions or talk football.  The best of luck to them for the rest of the season.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I agree.  These folks were great.  My buddy was worried about tailgating there and camping out thinking that if we won we'd be targets.  I told him that we didn't have anything to worry about w/ Auburn Fan, and I was right.  I had a few students say stuff to me about "SEC Speed" and "Thanks for showing up tonight", etc, but nothing major.

• Content Count:  3,827

I have to agree with everything said.

• Content Count:  545

I was with Student Bulls Club so obviously a group of 51 rowdy students.  The Auburn fans came up and were great to us.  I got invited into a tailgate party.  We met some Auburn girls on the way from the tailgate to the game who were great.  After the game, like everyone has said, they were congratulating us and we were telling them to beat Florida so they were laughing about that.

The only encounter we had was when one of my guys went up to an Auburn student extended his hand and said good game the auburn fan shot back and got in his face and told him he better go home fast.  I was there to pulls my guy away and one of his friends pulled the AU fan away and apologized on his behalf and told us to have a safe trip back.

All around class from all but one AU fan we encountered.

Archived