• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Invitation to Paint - Thanks Brett!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

So, after the thread earlier this week about the possible Beef Studs member who called in to a radio show and I wrote a long response, I got some E-mails asking me various questions about the organization. Some folks were even interested in joining (I'm lovin' it!). The current president, Mike Ugi, as well as the executive board members, are trying hard to make the group as accessible for spirited fans as possible, and at the same time to ensure that there is only good, clean fun to be had. This also means trying to set an example for other fans, in spirit and in every other way. I think they'd love it too if people have ideas for cheers or new traditions to solicit them to help get those ideas started. I wanted to thank Brett for throwing some info up on his blog about painting with them, which is linked here:  http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/seeking-some-studs-and-babes/

In addition, I understand if some folks weren't around 5 years ago and had some questions about the history that I gave. So, I found a few links that I thought would help clear anything up!

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/09/09/Hillsborough/Beef_Studs_and_Babes_.shtml

The above article is actually linked on the USF Honors College website, since Dean of the Honors College, Dr. Stuart Silverman, was generous to give us our start-up funds, and the group was originally all Honors students (not purposefully, coincidentally). The page is http://honors.usf.edu/ and the link is on the bottom left.

http://media.www.usforacle.com/media/storage/paper880/news/2002/11/05/Montage/Come-May.Usf.Will.Be.HopeLess.PriceLess-1681154.shtml

May this also serve as proof that there was only ever collegiality between the original Studs and the original Green N Gold Guys.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/sioncampus/09/12/sterger.usf/index.html

Just a little love from Jenn Sterger and SI.com!

- Brandon Faza

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I believe Mike is also doing a fund raiser at Elon. They are selling "Grothe > Tebow" t-shirts. I was told today that he just got the first one off the press.

(I am one of the founders of the Grothe > Tebow Facebook group). Me and my buddy should be going and meeting with the Studs on Saturday.

Dude, I LOVED that idea!! I can't wait to get a few of them to wear to school since there's a lot of UF alums in my class down here. I'm always wearing USF stuff and they like to crack on me. Those Grothe > Tebow shirts will totally hit the right spot :)

• Content Count:  3,407

I believe Mike is also doing a fund raiser at Elon. They are selling "Grothe > Tebow" t-shirts. I was told today that he just got the first one off the press.

(I am one of the founders of the Grothe > Tebow Facebook group). Me and my buddy should be going and meeting with the Studs on Saturday.

Wow I have to get one of those Grothe > Tebow... Please tell me when and where they will be sold Saturday! 

• Content Count:  3,407

I believe they are setting up a table by the student entrance.

Does that mean around 6pm?  My group starts around 3:30?  I will gladly hunt this one down if need be!

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

I liked my t-shirt better....

GOT%20GROTHE.jpg

Mad sexy in its simplicity. And I think the table will be set up before 6pm, boss-man. Usually the Studs are in the stadium when the doors open. If I had to guess I'd say 4:30 but maybe come by around 5 to be sure you don't waste time? You could always call Mike Ugi's cell, which I think is listed on Brett's blog at the link above :)

Archived