• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How to make USF Football just that much better....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

What about a green out for WV??? I bet that if we could get everybody on this board, along with everybody they go to the game with to wear green. Then if we could start a facebook group- "Green out for WV", I bet that a ton of people will green. Its just an idea, but I think it would be amazing!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307

You know, as much as everyone complains about the PA announcer at USF games, he could make it really easy for the crowd to get loud on third down. Like here at TCU games. When it gets to third down, the PA announcer says what happened on the last play, and then as the other team is getting to the LOS, he says, "Ittttt... isssssss... THIRD DOWN!" And the crowd immediately starts making more noise. Every time.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

All good ideas.

Don't forget #4, though....

4) Build an On-Campus-Stadium. :moon2

If we wake up really early next Saturday morning and everybody brings a hammer and a shovel we can have the stadium built an hour before kickoff.  Good idea. 

Exactly.

Like one of those "barn-raisings" the Amish have.  ;D

1) Have microphones that amplify the band. I sit in 134 and most of the time I can not hear the band clearly. When the Bulls score a touchdown and the fight song is played, have it amplified over the public address system. The same when it is a media timeout and they are playing “The Bullâ€Â

I agree 100%.  I sit in 125 and can not hear the band either...  However, those in the band will point out that "a real band" never amplifies their sound.

2) Pick one song that you play in every third down situation. As soon as your PA announcer makes the call from the previous play, start the song. If you pick a good song that gets the crowd pumped up, they will begin to understand that every time you hear this song on the PA system, its time to stand up and get loud. I love the “Lets here it for your Bulls defense,†but it doesn’t distinguish itself enough.

They already do this.  But you (and I) can't hear it.  See # 1 above.

3) Students and fans alike need to be encouraged to wear green to the games. It would be distinctive and look much better than the mixture of colors that we have now.

In order to make this happen, it can’t just be posted on message boards. The athletic department should sponsor a “Green Out†for the game against West Virginia.

As far as I know, they have been doing this to a certain extent... although they aren't using the term "Green Out" ... (White Out works at Penn State because people understand the term "white out" ...)  You might need some other kind of terminology like "Go Green!"

All GREAT ideas, DC... great ideas!!

• Content Count:  3,097

What about a green out for WV??? I bet that if we could get everybody on this board, along with everybody they go to the game with to wear green. Then if we could start a facebook group- "Green out for WV", I bet that a ton of people will green. Its just an idea, but I think it would be amazing!

Awesome idea!  I'd start the group myself, but maybe if someone on Facebook whose primary network is USF (remember mine is Saint Leo) the group could spread.  I would join the second this group began!!!

Maybe call the group "Go Green for WVU"

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

How about "Go Green" or "Green Out", whichever you choose, for the ENTIRE SEASON? I really think to promote this oUr shirt thing, they should have made it free the first year. Now I know everyone is going to ask "who's going to pay for this?" Simple answer...add $5 to everyone's tuition ($40,000+ x 5=over $200K). How tuition is, people would not even notice a simple $5 increase. Then with all the students who don't attend games/care about football/won't even bother to pick up the shirt, you can use the extras to give away at the 1st game of the season (simple and cheap promotion). That way everyone has a shirt for the rest of the season.

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

Hey All!!!

this is my first post on the bulls pen......im freken stoked to be a part of this site.....this site is way better than like all the other schools.....very proud to be a part of it......but anyway.....

I was in the herd of thunder in fall '04 '05 and '06 and i flippen WISHED they put a mic on us so the whole stadium could hear us but they never did....i wont be a part of HOT this year but i know the band jumped from 240 members in the '06 season to 295 members this year!!!!! so there will be more sound comin from the herd......but having a mic would make them even louder......and another thing.........I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DONT WEAR GREEN TO OUR GAMES.......LAME........ill be in green every game......

How about "Go Green" or "Green Out", whichever you choose, for the ENTIRE SEASON? I really think to promote this oUr shirt thing, they should have made it free the first year. Now I know everyone is going to ask "who's going to pay for this?" Simple answer...add $5 to everyone's tuition ($40,000+ x 5=over $200K). How tuition is, people would not even notice a simple $5 increase. Then with all the students who don't attend games/care about football/won't even bother to pick up the shirt, you can use the extras to give away at the 1st game of the season (simple and cheap promotion). That way everyone has a shirt for the rest of the season.

USF already has among the highest Athletic fees in the state... and you'd have to make sure you had 40,000 shirts... what do you do with the 30,000 extras??

• Content Count:  9,038

Miami mics their band as well.

• Content Count:  2,569

Miami mics their band as well.

I think they mic their crowd as well  ;)

I agree w/ mic'ing the band.  Especially now that I'm a new member of the South Endzone (to be nicknamed later)!

Archived