• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like the USF-Miami series will continue in Dolphin Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

If I were the Dolphins I'd be pretty pissed about this. Now there are THREE other tenants running around on your field - the Marlins, the U, and FIU. Then throw in the usual summer rains in Miami and that field is going to be a complete train wreck for most Dolphins games. They may have to resort to FieldTurf.

FIU is only set to play at the OB for 2007.  The renovations/construction of their OCS should be completed and ready for football in the Fall of 2008.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,569

If I were the Dolphins I'd be pretty pissed about this. Now there are THREE other tenants running around on your field - the Marlins, the U, and FIU. Then throw in the usual summer rains in Miami and that field is going to be a complete train wreck for most Dolphins games. They may have to resort to FieldTurf.

FIU is only set to play at the OB for 2007.  The renovations/construction of their OCS should be completed and ready for football in the Fall of 2008.

Great, now FIU is going to get all of our recruits too.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

The end zones will be redone so that our shared home will reflect both Miami teams’ pride.

Before anyone gets their panties in a twist over this statement... remember it's easier to do when both teams have the same name.   MIAMI = Dolphins or Hurricanes; PITTSBURGH = Steelers or Panthers...

If USF was reanamed UTB or TBU then we'd be okay... and probably able to get something more neutral on the field...

Just something to keep in mind.

Plus the colors aren't too far off either ..... Nice pre-emptive shot, Jim.  ;)

• Content Count:  3,097

Great, now FIU is going to get all of our recruits too.

I think the quality of team at FIU outweighs the opportunity to play in New FIU Stadium

• Content Count:  1,378

I am sure they will get a better deal playing that nfl stadium then the tsa and glazers give usf.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

When we play them in Miami, we could very well have our OCS plans started  ;D

Looking forward to our games there.

Go BULLS !!!

I am sure they will get a better deal playing that nfl stadium then the tsa and glazers give usf.

Bear in mind, the stadium is owned 100% by the Dolphins... unlike CIT Stadium here...

So, the Dolphins actually make out much better than the Bucs...

The extra $$ for the Canes comes from the ability to charge more for donations for the "good" seats (club seating, luxury boxes, etc)...

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Since when does FIU play there?

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

well the canes will actually come close to outdrawing the Phins.  specially after this season.  Phins might not win 3 games.  but i think the majority of Dade/Broward area loves this.  A lot more Canes fans from Broward will be attending games.

Miami has a very weird dynamic to its sporting fans.

Since when does FIU play there?

They don't.

They are playing at the Orange Bowl this year ... and their stadium will be ready next season.

Archived