• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF have 1000 yard or 10 TD WR this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

i think johnson could have a shot at 10 TDs.

I agree. Taurus is the go to WR this season and now that Matt has a year of playing experience under his belt, he will be able to read opposing defense better. Taurus runs great routes, has good speed and great cutback ability. He'll see the ball more often this season.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

The problem is too much rotation at the position. The reason Notre Dame had 2 1,000 yd recievers was they played 80% or more of the games. Last year, the only positions that werent rotated regurlarly were QB and LB...now i would love to see a WR with these numbers BUT after last season I would much rather see a RB with those numbers

There is a greater likelihood of 1,000 yards rushing than 1,000 yards receiving...

Although Coach Leavitt likes to rotate at WR, he prefers having a go-to guy at RB.  Andre Hall had more than 1,000 yards in 2005...

However, 10 TD's rushing would be even easier... heck, Grothe had 9 TD's rushing last year.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I think that both are strongf possibilities this year

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Sure hope at least one of the two.

If we would just use Taurus Johnson's playmaking ability, he could definitely have 10 TD's.

And if Mike Ford is really "all that" (how's that for a 90's catch phrase?), he shouldn't have any problem reaching 1,000 yards.

If we have neither of these benchmarks this season, that would be a bad indicator, in my opinion.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

The problem is too much rotation at the position. The reason Notre Dame had 2 1,000 yd recievers was they played 80% or more of the games. Last year, the only positions that werent rotated regurlarly were QB and LB...now i would love to see a WR with these numbers BUT after last season I would much rather see a RB with those numbers

Big Tipp is right, although the percentage was probably 90-95%.  Those two guys were always on the field except for the closing minutes of a few games.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

ford shouldnt have a problem getting 10 rushing TDs, specially in goalline situations.

but Taurus has such great big play making ability as well as the hands to go with it.

amarri is probably the most explosive WR when he has the ball in his hands but doesnt run routes as well as Taurus and can get a little bit of the alligator arms.

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

the 1000 rushing yds  will come first, too many WRs

we want fresh legs on every down.

Archived