• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rushing the field

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol we'll never do it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,097

Why can't USF make it a tradition to NOT rush the field? Have you EVER seen UF fans rush the field? I think FSU's done it maybe once.

At some schools it's actually an insult to rush the field. Like if you try it at Texas A&M, the corp guys will beat the crap out of you.

Thank You!!!!  As much as people think rushing the field is the coll thing to do, it shows much more respect when fans treat the field as the hallowed ground it is.  Enjoy yourselves in the seats, but leave the field for the players, coaches, etc.

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Everytime the field has been rushed at USF the players were begging the fans to rush the field.

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

Why can't USF make it a tradition to NOT rush the field? Have you EVER seen UF fans rush the field? I think FSU's done it maybe once.

At some schools it's actually an insult to rush the field. Like if you try it at Texas A&M, the corp guys will beat the crap out of you.

Thank You!!!!  As much as people think rushing the field is the coll thing to do, it shows much more respect when fans treat the field as the hallowed ground it is.  Enjoy yourselves in the seats, but leave the field for the players, coaches, etc.

i sincerely doubt the BUCS stadium is so called "hallowed" ground.  thats fine, cheer from your seats or whatever it is old people do....ill buy you a shot of Geritol at the game.

• Content Count:  3,097

I guess what I was trying to say is that a football field in general, not just RayJay, is hallowed ground. 

Believe me, I am a 22 year old who would love to consider rushing the field, but unless the mass majority goes before me, there is just too much of a risk to enjoy a win getting fried on the field.

I cannot wait until I 2010 when I can lead the first successful storming of the field at "The Swamp".

• Content Count:  9,038

Everytime the field has been rushed at USF the players were begging the fans to rush the field.

Yeah, and too bad they can't stop the tasers and fists from coming =/

bear in mind that it's a good 10 feet from the top of the wall to the field. people can get hurt jumping over the wall -- then they turn around and sue the Bucs/USF/TSA for that.

These are the two reasons why they don't want people to storm the field:

1) So they don't hurt themselves or each other

2) So they don't sue if they do get hurt

That is why you need to have a strategy. Step one scope for weak links in the TSA chain, these will be the fat or older TSA employees not to be confused with the police officers in riot gear.  You will find these employees in most of the areas not directly around the goal posts. Step two is not to wait you must be the first one over the fence so as to have the element of suprise. If you pause you will be lost! The fat or old TSA employee will be slow to react to you because they will think you will not be willing to jump onto the field after all of the warnings and police presence, you must abuse this ignorance by showing them you are in fact willing to sacrifice for the cause. Step three once you jump you need to be comitted pay no attention to the carnage around you need to hit the ground running. This is why it is important to go first because it will make it easier to not pause when you are not trying to dodge fallen bodies and you can pretend maybe the will not tase people this time. Finally get to the middle of the field as soon as possible, as they are interested in maintaining a perimeter you will find there will be no security presense in the middle of the field.

I guess what I was trying to say is that a football field in general, not just RayJay, is hallowed ground. 

Believe me, I am a 22 year old who would love to consider rushing the field, but unless the mass majority goes before me, there is just too much of a risk to enjoy a win getting fried on the field.

Archived