• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Two Rbs set

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

So with all our RBs that we have now. Will we see more offensive sets with two rbs in the backfield?

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Would hope so especially with how good they say samuels is at receiving

Grothe will have plaenty of options this yr

Also wouldn't mind seeing c4 in the backfield on some plays could be under center ala fisher back in the day or as a 2nd back

Lots of options also dont forget about erskin with blaxing speed and hands that catch everything

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

what can c4 do that grothe cant do

i wouldnt take grothe out

i doubt we will see 2 rb sets

• Content Count:  928

Don't forget about Amarri's trick plays

• Content Count:  849

I think having C4 in the WR rotation will be huge because he adds another dimension to our offense. Not only can he catch the football but he can throw it too (lets face it, he can throw better than Amari). We could have great success with trick plays with C4 in the lineup

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Would hope so especially with how good they say samuels is at receiving

Grothe will have plaenty of options this yr

Also wouldn't mind seeing c4 in the backfield on some plays could be under center ala fisher back in the day or as a 2nd back

Lots of options also dont forget about erskin with blaxing speed and hands that catch everything

I would love to see the combination of Ford and Kelly and Taylor and Kelly in the backfield with Samuels in the slot playing the old Brian Fisher role. Alternatively, we hammer teams with steady doses of Taylor and Ford and then finish the game with Kelly and electrifying darts with Samuels. Throw in a few Grothe keepers, Tarus and Amari end arounds and this team can be a handful to defend.

Gregory needs to come through with a creative playbook over the next couple of years.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

You'll see an occasional 2 back set, but not very much.  USF is a one back spread offense, and they aren't going to overhaul that in this short time period, nor should they.  I love the one back spread offense.  When run right, it is an exciting, electric offense.  The passing game can open up a lot of holes for the RB, opposite of the old theory that the running game must be established to open up the pass.

• Content Count:  400

i dont see why c4 can't play QB again.. when he was there, he showed glimpses of Vince Young when lined up in our spread offense.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

i dont see why c4 can't play QB again.. when he was there, he showed glimpses of Vince Young when lined up in our spread offense.

I don't either.  Let him get in there and be a B Fisher clone.  A few plays at QB, few at RB, few at WR, few at KR/PR.  Everywhere.  Like a "Slash" type player.

• Content Count:  919

Carlton Hill had his chance and blew it.  Now Grothe has taken advantage of the opportunity and it is his team.  Hill should not play any QB as it will just confuse the situation.  Grothe is the man.  Let Hill play WR or whatever position best helps the team except QB.

I expect fewer trick plays in the coming years.  With the kind of talent coming here now (like J. Taylor), trick plays are not needed.  Just line up and whip the other guy.  When Bowden started getting the talent at FSU, then the trick plays disappeared. 

I'd love to see more power running game.  The coaches will tweak the scheme to fit the talent.  I'm not saying the spread will disappear, but if Kelly, Taylor, and Ford are physical runners, then the coaches would be foolish not to put 2 back sets into the O, especially inside the 20.

Archived