• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who do you think will start....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

With Taylor just about in the door, we somehow have great depth at running back.  Who do you think will start at RB in the Elon game?  and who do you think will start at the AU game?  I only ask, because I don't see the same starters for both games.  And finally who do you think will be our starter next year? or in other words who is going to prove themselves this year. 

I think Williams will start the Elon game, with lots of playing time for Ford and I think Ford will start for the AU game.  I think the end of the season it will be Ford and Samuels(sp).  I don't think Talyor will see much playing time, just because he is coming in so late.  I also don't think he will be reshirted because more than likly one of the reasons he is coming to USF and not to UF or FSU would maybe playing time. Of course I don't know that, but if I was in his shoes that's what I would be thinking.

• Content Count:  1,457

Just out of respect for Ben Williams he will get the nod for Elon, Auburn, and NC.  He may take the 1st and 2nd series but then there is too much depth that Jim wants to shake out.  His analysis is going to come out this season - We may have some surprises (pleasantly)....we'll see.

Though Ben is not a great (or even good) player he does ACHIEVE where USF needs him.  Several hundred yards rushing last year helped in a few key games.  Don't take this wrong, but Ben will not be used too much after game 3.  A few stars will emerge and he will be 2nd/3rd in RB role.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If Taylor does transfer here (and nothing at this point indicates he's not) Im not sure he'll be eligible this year.

If he is, I'm not sure he'll be ready to start. He'll be a very good football player, no doubt.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

My picks would be Williams for the Elon game and either Samuels or Ford from Auburn on out.

Just out of respect for Ben Williams he will get the nod for Elon, Auburn, and NC.  He may take the 1st and 2nd series but then there is too much depth that Jim wants to shake out.  His analysis is going to come out this season - We may have some surprises (pleasantly)....we'll see.

Though Ben is not a great (or even good) player he does ACHIEVE where USF needs him.  Several hundred yards rushing last year helped in a few key games.  Don't take this wrong, but Ben will not be used too much after game 3.  A few stars will emerge and he will be 2nd/3rd in RB role.

I think your right about playing him out of respect, but I can't see him being used in the AU game, he is too small against an AU D. 

• Content Count:  937

Football isnt about playing people out of respect, its about winnings games. If you don't got the balls to play a winner they dont call the shots. This isnt the pros and williams isnt some long time great

• Content Count:  3,574

Im not sure he'll be eligible this year.

Why not?  He did graduate HS in January...

• Content Count:  5,691

Usfan

Unless he gets a hardship waiver he will have to sit out one yr since he is transferring

Doesnt seem like a big deqal to me as it would be the same as hin redshirting

I think with williams, samuels, ford, plancher, and cannon hopefully he and kelly can redshirt

In 2008 all of the above would be in the stable with ford and samuels as sophmores and kelly and taylor as redshirt freshman

Plancher would be a jr but should get any extra yr due to his injury in the first game last yr

Im sure we will also recruit some more stud backs to follow in the line that mr hall started

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Football isnt about playing people out of respect, its about winnings games. If you don't got the balls to play a winner they dont call the shots. This isnt the pros and williams isnt some long time great

I agree with this.  Williams should start if he is the best back.  I don't know much about BW, but I hear is he is a great kid and hard worker, and those are great attributes.  But the best player should start.  If what we are told about Ford and Samuels is true, and they are as electric as we are told, then why wouldn't Ford (or Samuels) start.  Get them ready for the rest of the year right off the bat.  That's what the Elon game is for to get this team ready for AU.   

I agree with this.  Williams should start if he is the best back.  I don't know much about BW, but I hear is he is a great kid and hard worker, and those are great attributes.  But the best player should start.  If what we are told about Ford and Samuels is true, and they are as electric as we are told, then why wouldn't Ford (or Samuels) start.  Get them ready for the rest of the year right off the bat.  That's what the Elon game is for to get this team ready for AU.   

That's what I am worried about.  Unless Ford or Samuel show tremedous character and dedication, I think BW will get the start. Leavitt is loyal to his players that work hard.  Look at the Julmiste situation.  CJL is going to make Ford work harder than anyone else to get that spotjust because of all the hype.  He wants Ford to know that he will earn his spot and not get his spot becuase of all the hype.  That's why if Ford starts in the Elon game than he really might be all that we have heard that he is.

Archived