• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'M MAD AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  0

So my job (Raymond James) had an education fair today with various schools in attendance, inlcuding USF. I spoke with a rep about a couple of grad programs, grabbed a couple of pamphlets and left. As I thumbed through this pamphlet entitled "unforgettable", I noticed a student was wearing a freaking FSU hat in the brochure. This is not FSU. Whomever decided that putting a picture of a student wearing non-USF gear is ok, should be disciplined. We already have enough problems with school spirit in the student/alumni body. We don't need our own administration making it worse.

And yes, I called USF's public relations dept to complain about this picture...... haven't heard anything as of yet.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!!"

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

what was the pamphlet about? Why was it entitled unforgettable? Just curious.

• Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

At least they were right, it does not seem likely that you will forget the pamphlet >:(

So my job (Raymond James) had an education fair today with various schools in attendance, inlcuding USF. I spoke with a rep about a couple of grad programs, grabbed a couple of pamphlets and left. As I thumbed through this pamphlet entitled "unforgettable", I noticed a student was wearing a freaking FSU hat in the brochure. This is not FSU. Whomever decided that putting a picture of a student wearing non-USF gear should be disciplined. We already have enough problem with school spirit in the student/alumni body, we don't need our own administration making it worse.

And yes, I called USF's public relations dept to complain about this picture...... haven't heard anything as of yet.

The pamphlet is a snapshot of USF that highlights our points of pride for prospective students. The pamphlet was nice until I got to the FSU picture. This may not be a big issue to some, but it is for me. I have literally walked up to number of people that I don't know and told them about wearing non-USF gear on campus (UCF, UF, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma have all been put in check). Whether it does any good or not, somebody needs to point this out. When I graduated my degree said USF..not U of M, UF, USC or god forbid UCF. Nothing makes me upset than to see people wearing non-USF gear around campus. If you like UF so much, take your ass to UF. I attended USF from 2000-2003. I remember a writer from the Oracle complaining about Leavitt refusing to do an interview with the guy because he was wearing a UNC hat. I don't blame Leavitt. And for the record, I'm calling public relations again...that brochure is bull$hit.

• Content Count:  2,923

As Economics_Nerd82 stated, please elaborate on the pamphlet, what is its purpose, who is it for, .....I'm also curious.  Oops, while posting VeryBullish answered my question, thanks.

• Content Count:  5,903

The pamphlet is a snapshot of USF that highlights our points of pride for prospective students. The pamphlet was nice until I got to the FSU picture. This may not be a big issue to some, but it is for me. I have literally walked up to number of people that I don't know and told them about wearing non-USF gear on campus (UCF, UF, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma have all been put in check). Whether it does any good or not, somebody needs to point this out. When I graduated my degree said USF..not U of M, UF, USC or god forbid UCF. Nothing makes me upset than to see people wearing non-USF gear around campus. If you like UF so much, take your ass to UF. I attended USF from 2000-2003. I remember a writer from the Oracle complaining about Leavitt refusing to do an interview with the guy because he was wearing a UNC hat. I don't blame Leavitt. And for the record, I'm calling public relations again...that brochure is bull$hit.

Yeah, that deserves a phone call or two. Was the FSU hat the main focus of the picture? If it's in the background... meh, I don't know if it's that huge of a deal, but if it's the center of the picture then that's is ridiculous!

The picture is 1in x 1in on the second page of the spread with nine other various pictures. However, regardless of the pic size, it's the principle behind the mistake. This is not FSU.

• Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

Maybe the editor is dislexic ???

The picture is 1in x 1in on the second page of the spread with nine other various pictures. However, regardless of the pic size, it's the principle behind the mistake. This is not FSU.

Archived