• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ford arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Minor traffic infractions are ones where no one goes to JAIL.  Unfortunately this is not a minor infraction.  In Florida - as  you already know - driving under these conditions WITH KNOWLEDGE is a quasi felony issue.

The question I have is did he have knowledge?  When he initially was cited for driving without a license he did get one.  When he got cited with DWLS did he have knowledge of the fact?  In many instances you don't until you are picked up for the infraction.

It is still not a major thing.  If he does what he has to, he will probably have to pay a fine (how big is up to the judge) and do community service.  He may have to deal with not driving himself for a bit.  The court can subject him to a suspension of his license for a period of time.  In order to get his license back "in good standing" he will have to pay any and all outstanding fines/costs imposed and fullfil all conditions imposed by the Court.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

This is very serious.  Unfortunately, USF may not be the best fit for him because it allows him to hang with the wrong crowd back home.

Leavitt only has so much influence and control.  The young man will decide his future by his actions.  The more I learn, the less hopeful I am.

But before you throw bricks at him, recognize that you didn't grow up next door to the projects with no father in the home.  "There but for the grace of G-od go I"

• Content Count:  4,642

What a dumba$$ - good call on starting off on a great note.  I guess military academy doesn't instill discipline???  ??? ::)

This better not be the beginning of another Ricky Ponton story (repeat offender, who is supposed to be our starting running back eventually).  Thank God we have other running backs this year.

On another note, UCF blows.

• Content Count:  10,219

It wouldn't surprise me if it turned into a DWB situation - but still, no license and no registration?

Ah...the first one who tries to feed the flames of racism.

Nice try...(it failed).

Here's info from the Trib on why he was arrested (note...it had nothing to do with DWB...abbreviation from the hool about being stopped for Driving While BLACK)

Seems to me...he had a warrant our for arrest because of DWBS..Driving while being STUPID! (Or... DWBSWMCD...Driving While Being Stupid While Missing Court Date).

----------

Ford, 20, received citations on March 31, 2006 and Feb. 23, 2007 for driving without a license. On May 29, Ford was charged with driving with a suspended license and driving an unregistered motor vehicle, according to Sarasota County records.

Ford then failed to show for a June 12 court appearance, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Ford was arrested at 12:07 a.m. Friday by the Sarasota Police Department. He was released Saturday morning from the Sarasota County jail after posting $2,000 bail, a Sarasota Police Department spokesman said.

seems like ford has a problem taking care of business

this type of behavior will bite him and usf in rear

ONE OF THE GREAT INDICATORS OF FUTURE BEHAVIOR IS PAST BEHAVIOR

hammer...nail.

A responsible adult...(which we all ASSumed Ford is after fighting so hard to get back to D1A)...takes care of his business, in school, on the field and in his personal life. This stuff "by itself" is not a big deal, however it could indicate bigger ongoing problems. I hope that is not the case.

"Many little cuts will kill you just as dead as a knife to the heart"

i hope that this is the end of issues with Ford.

• Content Count:  2,363

what is a DWB?

I believe this term was created by chris Rock.  It means Driving While Black.

I dont think this is a big deal, but do not see a problem with the guy posting the message.  It is news or should we just ignore everything that may be even a slight bit negative. 

Wow... a term that's been around for decades and people really believe it was coined by Chris Rock?  ???

• Content Count:  2,719

Thug life 4-eva...

That says it all. 

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Can't imagine how a guy who blows off court, is going to the discipline to wake up in the morning to go to class (or to study for that matter) . . . this worries me.

• Content Count:  1,803

I don't know about you but I don't particularly like to go to court either...at least there are babes in class.

• Content Count:  1,457

Sometimes events like these wake one up!  Either Ford will be elightened (because an arrest certainly will have concequences) or he will fall to the way side - his call!

• Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

might want to read Greg's column

July 09, 2007

USF freshman Ford loses father

Freshman running back Mike Ford has overcome much to earn a football scholarship to USF, and the 20-year-old endured a personal tragedy during a difficult time last week as his father, Robert Ford Jr., died suddenly and unexpectedly at age 46.

Robert Ford Jr. was at a social event with friends, and there still are no answers as to why he died, said Mike Ford's mother, Dondra Walker. Friday had been a tough day for Mike Ford, who had turned himself to Sarasota police early that morning on an outstanding warrant for missing a court appearance relating to traffic citations.

A couple of things to clarify: Ford was released at 6:06 p.m. Friday, about 18 hours after he turned himself in to Sarasota police. He was not required to pay any kind of bond and was released by a county judge on time served. Ford, who had been cited three times since March 2006 for driving without a registration or valid license, had missed a court date on June 12, which caused the warrant to be issued. According to the arrest report, he approached Sarasota police and notified them of the outstanding warrant. The report goes so far as to say that Ford was "very respectful and polite to the officers."

Ford's mother said he had a class at USF the day of his court hearing and "completely forgot," saying that his license had been suspended because he had gotten a ticket and not paid the fine. "He did something stupid, but he wants to put it in the past," she said. His off-field problems are unlikely to result in any significant disciplinary action from USF coach Jim Leavitt.

Services for Robert Ford Jr. will be held Saturday morning in Sarasota. For a better glimpse into his life and how much his son's success meant to him, please read this great story from Chris Anderson of the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. I can't find the story itself on the paper's website, so I've linked to a posting on a message board from two years ago. Our thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.

Posted by Greg Auman at 9:41:22 PM on July 9, 2007 | Permalink

Archived