• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ford arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

what is a DWB?

I believe this term was created by chris Rock.  It means Driving While Black.

I dont think this is a big deal, but do not see a problem with the guy posting the message.  It is news or should we just ignore everything that may be even a slight bit negative. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

It wouldn't surprise me if it turned into a DWB situation - but still, no license and no registration?

Ah...the first one who tries to feed the flames of racism.

Nice try...(it failed).

Here's info from the Trib on why he was arrested (note...it had nothing to do with DWB...abbreviation from the hool about being stopped for Driving While BLACK)

Seems to me...he had a warrant our for arrest because of DWBS..Driving while being STUPID! (Or... DWBSWMCD...Driving While Being Stupid While Missing Court Date).

----------

Ford, 20, received citations on March 31, 2006 and Feb. 23, 2007 for driving without a license. On May 29, Ford was charged with driving with a suspended license and driving an unregistered motor vehicle, according to Sarasota County records.

Ford then failed to show for a June 12 court appearance, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Ford was arrested at 12:07 a.m. Friday by the Sarasota Police Department. He was released Saturday morning from the Sarasota County jail after posting $2,000 bail, a Sarasota Police Department spokesman said.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

My point is that some would not be aware of this and there is an easier way to present it to USF fans so they wouldn't be worried over nothing.

There are enough people out there that will have "fun" with this.

And not trying to paint things "happy" ... this has been discussed before... the headline/subject is something I would expect on a UCF board, not a USF board by a fan.

Ford "arrested" for driving w/o license ... that is what I would post  ;D

Bottom Line: This will have no bearing at all, I am sure.

this is not "nothing"

It wouldn't surprise me if it turned into a DWB situation - but still, no license and no registration?

Ah...the first one who tries to feed the flames of racism.

Nice try...(it failed).

Here's info from the Trib on why he was arrested (note...it had nothing to do with DWB...abbreviation from the hool about being stopped for Driving While BLACK)

Seems to me...he had a warrant our for arrest because of DWBS..Driving while being STUPID! (Or... DWBSWMCD...Driving While Being Stupid While Missing Court Date).

----------

Ford, 20, received citations on March 31, 2006 and Feb. 23, 2007 for driving without a license. On May 29, Ford was charged with driving with a suspended license and driving an unregistered motor vehicle, according to Sarasota County records.

Ford then failed to show for a June 12 court appearance, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Ford was arrested at 12:07 a.m. Friday by the Sarasota Police Department. He was released Saturday morning from the Sarasota County jail after posting $2,000 bail, a Sarasota Police Department spokesman said.

seems like ford has a problem taking care of business

this type of behavior will bite him and usf in rear

ONE OF THE GREAT INDICATORS OF FUTURE BEHAVIOR IS PAST BEHAVIOR

Before everyone gets their panties in a wad, take into consideration the following:

When did he originally get cited for driving without a license and no valid registration?

The charge he was arrested on is for Contempt for failing to answer the charges. 

We don't know when he was originally cited in Sarasota for these charges.  It could have been before he even went to prep school.

That doesn't mean he should have ignored them, hence contempt charges filed against him.  These are traffic offenses, not felony offenses.   Take into account also the fact that neither of these charges are felonies.  They were traffic tickets that he ignored.

With respect to the vehicle registration charge, was it his car?  We don't know that for certain at this stage. 

When he was arrested on the above charges yesterday/this morning, was he driving?  Again, the site showing the arrest doesn't indicate that. 

It is possible he was a passenger in a car which was stopped by law enforcement, and when they did a records check they found that Mike was wanted on the contempt charge, hence the arrest.

Before we jump the gun, let's see what shakes out and what the facts are. 

However he does have to deal with these two charges expeditiously. 

I DONT WEAR PANTIES  or any other type of undergarment

this type of behavior is a signal and red flag

this kid needs to be supervised

is it end of world? of course not but

could it be beginning of end? yes- if he doesnt change his ways

Maybe it's nothing legally... but ******, how dumb do you have to be to drive a car without a license OR registration? There's no reason the registration should ever be out of the glove box.

great point

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Thug life 4-eva...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

... do not see a problem with the guy posting the message.  It is news or should we just ignore everything that may be even a slight bit negative. 

Neither do I ... if you read my post you would see it was about the "subject/title" and he could have explained that it was a simple incident ... nothing that will cost him playing time.

• Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

Granted this is not a huge blow to the program, but the guy was issued a court date and Failed to Appear. That says he does not respect the Legal system. How many people on this board would not show up to a court date that they were ordered to go to?

Lets take off the Green and Gold glasses. This wont cost him playing time, but it does have me a little alarmed.

• Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

I agree that it's serious ... in regards to not showing up to court for a simple incident, but our courts will take care of it. Nothing that USF needs to do ... some people are immature about these things. This will be his wake up call that tickets are simple thing - to take care of. But if you ignore them, it will make your life miserable.

He can't ignore it. If your license is suspended 3 times in 5 years - you lose your license for 5 years or after a year only work permit. No court or lawyer can change it. You can get a DUI and get a lawyer to get your license back.

Archived