• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sporting News top 40 Big East players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

as i have been saying usf needs way more talent to compete in big east

and there is no reason usf doesnt have several top 10 players

in talent rich florida usf should have most players on this list

I am not sure I agree.  I think that we have "top" talent and we are getting more.  Yes, there are spots that need help, but CJL has done a great job with recruiting in my opnion.  The whole recruiting class rankings never impressed me. Look no further than PItt to see that a great recruiting class doesn't mean a great team.

Also there are reasons that USF doesn't have several top 10 players.  Let me list some, UF, FSU UM, UL, WVU, RU, oh and we are hardly known to anyone outside the state of florida. It is going to take time.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  113

He has flashes of greatness, but then disappears for a game or two, or three.

This may not have been Amarri's fault...i blame fat a$$ Rod Smith's play calling, and also the fact that we have a boat load of wide recievers.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Trae being the highest ranked Bull shows that some people look only at stats. 

A little surprised that Amarri was not listed nor Clebert or Woody George.

Expect to see Taurus, Selvie, C. Robinson and either Ford/Samuels on next year's list.

You're joking, right?

Please, tell me you're joking.

Guys like Woody George might not even crack the top 40 on our team, bro.

And as far as the others go, Amarri has not progressed at all.  He has flashes of greatness, but then disappears for a game or two, or three.

Not joking, bro.

Phil Steele has Amarri listed as the #53 Receiver in the country and George listed as the #37 DT.  I do not disagree about Amarri, he needs to be consistent, but the media has typically rated him high.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am a bit surprised to see Williams our top player listed.  I Probably would have had either Jenkins or Moffit firts on our list.

All the hype about Amarri has to be because of his physical athletic ability.  He has to translate that to being a football player that can run tight, disciplined routes and catch the ball on a consistent basis.  I would list Amarri 3rd of our receivers behind Taurus and Marcus Edwards.  If Amarri keeps focus, he has the potential to be a breakout player.  Let's hope so.

I am glad to see McKenzie getting the recognition.  My opinion is we will feel the loss of Nicholas a bit, but I feel that we won't lose much and maybe even improved a bit with McKenzie replacing St. Louis.  Some expect a dropoff of our linebacking corp.  It will be slight if at all.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Trae being the highest ranked Bull shows that some people look only at stats. 

A little surprised that Amarri was not listed nor Clebert or Woody George.

Expect to see Taurus, Selvie, C. Robinson and either Ford/Samuels on next year's list.

You're joking, right?

Please, tell me you're joking.

And as far as the others go, Amarri has not progressed at all.  He has flashes of greatness, but then disappears for a game or two, or three.

Not joking, bro.

Phil Steele has Amarri listed as the #53 Receiver in the country and George listed as the #37 DT.  I do not disagree about Amarri, he needs to be consistent, but the media has typically rated him high.

Well then, Phil Steele is insane.

What exactly did Woody George do last year?  A backup DT on the Big East's 4th place team is the #37 DT in the nation?!?!?!?

:ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  7,890

I see a down year for both Rutgers and Rice.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

A little surprised that ... was not listed nor ...Woody George.

George

2006: Lead all DL with 12 Starts, played in all 13. Played Inside & Outside. 2nd in Tackles among DL.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

IMG_3025.JPG

• Content Count:  10,219

grothe should be top 5 on importance to team

and top 15 on talent...

there is no way a heisman dark horse who is also on the off. player of the years preseason watchlist is the 22nd best player in his own conf?

that said...hope all teams esp AUB see this and underestimate grothe and usf.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

There is a lot of Amarri criticism on this board, so I am probably in the minority with my opinion.  While recovering from surgery, I had a chance to watch most of the 2006 season.  While Amarri does not turn in multiple consecutive 100 yard games (what Bull receiver ever has with the way we distribute the ball?) he made BIG catches in several games.  He is always in the mix and making big catches on 3rd down and can catch, throw and run.  I'm glad we have him on our team and I think he is severely underrated and under used.  His skills and leadership are valuable and often overlooked.

Archived