• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'VE HAD IT WITH THE RAYS

Guest AstroBull

Just relax a little bit Sing.  I'm from Boston and moved down here when I was 9.  Living in Tampa will not make me change teams.  If they can keep their nucleus they have a really good change to challenge the big boys in 3-4 years.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

You've been here that freaking long and you be a Rays' fan.  Nice frontrunner you are.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

My statement was that most teams in MLB don't have a shot at reaching the playoffs from day one. And that, IMO, is a travesty. This is nothing specific to the D-Rays.

You can do all the wishful thinking about what the D-Rays will be like in the years to come, and there are many great players on the team (Crawford, Shields), but that doesn't mean they will be good in the years to come. I look at past years and how they performed and how they are performing now.

I'm a Red Sox fan (something left over from high school), and I would love to dump them and have the D-Rays as my team... but, I don't want to care for a team that doesn't care about it's fans.

And soon they're going to want a new stadium... pssht... forget that!

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

You can't blame someone for cheering for a team that puts a competitive team on the field. Who wants to cheer for a team that at the start of spring training has 1 and a million shot of winning the world series... heck, of even getting to the playoffs?

Batting average? They are below average on on-base percentage, the pitching horrible (highest ERA in MLB and the most hits given up in MLB), and Camp couldn't close a game if his life depended on it.

In the 9 seasons the Devil Rays have existed, they haven't finished any better than 4th in the division.... and this season doesn't look like it will be any different.

Yeah, that's great.  So I would say that USF basketball has a one in a million chance of winning the NCAA championship.  Well, by your logic, we shouldn't root for them.  That's right, they have a one in a million shot so you better not be cheering for USF basketball this year.

As far as the pitching smart one, like I said, the starters have some promise.  They're all 25 years old and under!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What do you expect?  Plus we have David Price and Jeff Niemann in the minors.  One thing you have to admit if you call yourself a Rays' fan or at least a Rays' follower is that the rotation is improving based on previous years.  The bulpen is what kills the team's ERA.  They need to get 3 solid under 4.00 ERA bulpen guys.  Yeah, their record sucks but look how many of those games they lost because of that sucky bulpen.

And as far as never finishing better than 4th, that's because Vince Naimoli screwed this team over.  You have to give Stu more than 1 1/2 years before judging them. 

If they do nothing in the off-season and don't sign any pitchers, then you can start with your crap but there's no use in going out and overpaying for players like the yank-me's and dead sox do. 

its ok to have false hope like you do, but in reality the rays will never do anything, manager sucks, ownership sucks, players suck. Either a move to another city or contraction should be the next option bc the devil rays are and will probably always be the laughing stock of baseball

• Content Count:  549

You can't blame someone for cheering for a team that puts a competitive team on the field. Who wants to cheer for a team that at the start of spring training has 1 and a million shot of winning the world series... heck, of even getting to the playoffs?

Batting average? They are below average on on-base percentage, the pitching horrible (highest ERA in MLB and the most hits given up in MLB), and Camp couldn't close a game if his life depended on it.

In the 9 seasons the Devil Rays have existed, they haven't finished any better than 4th in the division.... and this season doesn't look like it will be any different.

Yeah, that's great.  So I would say that USF basketball has a one in a million chance of winning the NCAA championship.  Well, by your logic, we shouldn't root for them.  That's right, they have a one in a million shot so you better not be cheering for USF basketball this year.

As far as the pitching smart one, like I said, the starters have some promise.  They're all 25 years old and under!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What do you expect?  Plus we have David Price and Jeff Niemann in the minors.  One thing you have to admit if you call yourself a Rays' fan or at least a Rays' follower is that the rotation is improving based on previous years.  The bulpen is what kills the team's ERA.  They need to get 3 solid under 4.00 ERA bulpen guys.  Yeah, their record sucks but look how many of those games they lost because of that sucky bulpen.

And as far as never finishing better than 4th, that's because Vince Naimoli screwed this team over.  You have to give Stu more than 1 1/2 years before judging them. 

If they do nothing in the off-season and don't sign any pitchers, then you can start with your crap but there's no use in going out and overpaying for players like the yank-me's and dead sox do. 

its ok to have false hope like you do, but in reality the rays will never do anything, manager sucks, ownership sucks, players suck. Either a move to another city or contraction should be the next option bc the devil rays are and will probably always be the laughing stock of baseball

Sound familiar Bucs fans?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Sound familiar Bucs fans?

Yup ... although it was a helluvalot easier doing that in the NFL with revenue sharing and salary caps/floors. Current Rays ownership needs more time to show if they are really commited to get it done here .... going to be tough with 8K crowds, though. Kind of a Catch-22 situation.

• Content Count:  808

...Yeah, that's great.  So I would say that USF basketball has a one in a million chance of winning the NCAA championship.  ....

Hello? We have Stan Heath now. It's a virtual inevitability that we will win the championship.  ;)

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Yep.

Rays stink.

They're melting down earlier in the year this season than they have in a while.

This one could get REALLY ugly.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Anybody catch Crawford's comments?

Haven't seen them yet, just heard some talk about it on the radio this afternoon.

Archived