• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Patdowns at Bulls games.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

The guy does need to get a life.  If I want to pat down people before they come into my establishment (owned or rented), then I should have that right.  If you don't like it, don't come.

He does need to get a life but it his right, as an American, to betch and moan about something as trivial as this so we really can't be too hard on him... although, there is no rational reason to be opposed to this.

Why shouldn't he oppose this?  This does nothing to increase safety at the stadium.  All this rule does is protect the concession profits of the NFL and the Buccaneers.  If a terrorist wanted to kill you they would.  They would not need to sneak anything into the stadium.  They could kill you with their bare hands or **** your throat with a plastic knife available at the concession stands.  If it is your time to die, then it is your time to die.  Stop being afraid of non-existent boogie men invented by the government and the media.

People need to stop ceding their personal rights and personal space to the government or even worse, a private corporation like the NFL & the Buccaneers.  While they may say that attending the game is a privilege and and not a right, they have no right to touch my personal body or enter my personal space.

If you want to live in a totalitarian police state, then be my guest, but that is not the America that I believe in, or the America that my relatives fought for against their own ancestors in Europe during WWII.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

People need to stop ceding their personal rights and personal space to the government or even worse, a private corporation like the NFL & the Buccaneers. While they may say that attending the game is a privilege and and not a right, they have no right to touch my personal body or enter my personal space.

There are no "rights" involved with you going to a football game...

If you want to live in a totalitarian police state, then be my guest, but that is not the America that I believe in, or the America that my relatives fought for against their own ancestors in Europe during WWII.

There are no "police" involved in this story. There are private companies (TSA, NFL...) using PRIVATE funds to implement PRIVATE security at a PRIVATE function.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

The guy does need to get a life.  If I want to pat down people before they come into my establishment (owned or rented), then I should have that right.  If you don't like it, don't come.

He does need to get a life but it his right, as an American, to betch and moan about something as trivial as this so we really can't be too hard on him... although, there is no rational reason to be opposed to this.

Why shouldn't he oppose this?  This does nothing to increase safety at the stadium.  All this rule does is protect the concession profits of the NFL and the Buccaneers.  If a terrorist wanted to kill you they would.  They would not need to sneak anything into the stadium.  They could kill you with their bare hands or **** your throat with a plastic knife available at the concession stands.  If it is your time to die, then it is your time to die.  Stop being afraid of non-existent boogie men invented by the government and the media.

People need to stop ceding their personal rights and personal space to the government or even worse, a private corporation like the NFL & the Buccaneers.  While they may say that attending the game is a privilege and and not a right, they have no right to touch my personal body or enter my personal space.

I must assume that you're against airport screening also. After all, if a terrorist wants to bring down a plane all he needs is a SAM and a good spot just off the runway so why bother with all that other hassle.

Of course, this perfunctory pat down doesn't guarantee your safety at a football game but it does add a little more layer of security and it's pretty sad if a 10 second inconvenience like this puts some people's panties in a wad. This isn't the same America of 60 years ago, like it or not.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

High Tech read the back of your ticket next time you go to a game. You're a licensee when you step into RJS bearing a ticket for the event. They can refuse you if you look like a terrorist, if your drunk, if your hit someone outside the stadium, if your sneaking in an umbrella, if you have BO, if you farted and it came out wet...you get the point.

Does that mean they are justified? Not always, you can sue (like happened here) for absurd circumstances.

TSA (as a private entity) has every right to pat people down in return for admittance into RJS. If you don't like it, don't go.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If you don't like it, don't go.

END OF STORY SON!!

Archived