• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF in the Flugtag 2007

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a former student now in Nashville, TN... and was attending the Red Bull Flugtag this year...

Imagine my surprise to see a UCF craft represented!!! soooo disappointed that USF wasn't there to hold up some ground...

Kudos to the knights for showing up, it was fun watching you guys, but I think we need some of our engineering students to take it to the next level next year for the green.

(BTW their craft fell apart before they even began to roll down the runway  ;) )

Here is the "flight" of the knight

• Content Count:  624

Engineering students supporting USF?? yeah right man, only in your dreams

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I totally hope this is severe sarcasm and I just missed it, since many of the Engineering students at USF are some of the most hardcore Bulls fans out there.

Don't forget, it is SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) that bought a school bus and repainted it with USF all over it, including a huge logo on the roof. They take it to every game, including many away games (I remember UCF last year vividly), and they were at the bowl game last year with it too. They fly a huge USF flag over it and make an enormous tailgate. I believe part of their success in establishing their notoriety came after they beat out Harvard in a national competition racing vehicles that they built themselves. It was written up in the USF Magazine.

In addition, if you look at the list of USF donors, a disproportionately large number of them were in the College of Engineering. (I say disproportionately because the percentage of donors from Engineering is more than the percentage of USF students that Engineering represents).

Therefore, I'd say Engineering students support USF and pull their weight in spirit better than most. That being said, I am a graduate with a Biology degree... if you want to rag on people who don't support USF, I wouldn't be able to defend the bio/chem folks as well...

• Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

I am a USF Engineer graduate and support Bulls football and athletics 100%.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

I'm a former student now in Nashville, TN... and was attending the Red Bull Flugtag this year...

Imagine my surprise to see a UCF craft represented!!! soooo disappointed that USF wasn't there to hold up some ground...

Kudos to the knights for showing up, it was fun watching you guys, but I think we need some of our engineering students to take it to the next level next year for the green.

(BTW their craft fell apart before they even began to roll down the runway  ;) )

Here is the "flight" of the knight

We have another board for stuff like this:

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?board=9.0

• Content Count:  624

Well, everytime that the Oracle interviews student around campus, they often choose to interview Engineering students and they always say they dont give 2 craps about our athletics. So that is what I am basing it off of. I thought SAE bus was for the frat Sigma Alpha Epsilon?

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Well, everytime that the Oracle interviews student around campus, they often choose to interview Engineering students and they always say they dont give 2 craps about our athletics. So that is what I am basing it off of. I thought SAE bus was for the frat Sigma Alpha Epsilon?

If they wanted to find people who did, they would try harder to get quotes.

• Content Count:  1,911

I totally hope this is severe sarcasm and I just missed it, since many of the Engineering students at USF are some of the most hardcore Bulls fans out there.

Don't forget, it is SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) that bought a school bus and repainted it with USF all over it, including a huge logo on the roof. They take it to every game, including many away games (I remember UCF last year vividly), and they were at the bowl game last year with it too. They fly a huge USF flag over it and make an enormous tailgate. I believe part of their success in establishing their notoriety came after they beat out Harvard in a national competition racing vehicles that they built themselves. It was written up in the USF Magazine.

In addition, if you look at the list of USF donors, a disproportionately large number of them were in the College of Engineering. (I say disproportionately because the percentage of donors from Engineering is more than the percentage of USF students that Engineering represents).

Therefore, I'd say Engineering students support USF and pull their weight in spirit better than most. That being said, I am a graduate with a Biology degree... if you want to rag on people who don't support USF, I wouldn't be able to defend the bio/chem folks as well...

Thanks for holding it down for us, Faza.

As an Engineering Major, and member of the Society of Automotive Engineers, I challenge you to find a student group that has more time or money invested in promoting USF than SAE. You might have a hard time.

Also, the bus has nothing to do with the frat...thanks.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Well, everytime that [glow=green,2,300]the Oracle [/glow] interviews student around campus, they often choose to interview Engineering students and they always say they dont give 2 craps about our athletics. So that is what I am basing it off of. I thought SAE bus was for the frat Sigma Alpha Epsilon?

There's your problem.

• Content Count:  1,757

That's because the average engineering student doesn't have the time to go to sports events while in school.  The ones that do are VERY passionate about being a Bull.   

Out of all the USF fans I know, my fellow engineering alumni are the freakin' craziest.   

Archived