• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF in the Flugtag 2007

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

heck yeah...we partied on the roof of the SAE bus in B-Ham...good times!

• Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

Engineering students supporting USF?? yeah right man, only in your dreams

I think you'd be VERY suprised to know how many on this board are Engineers - students or alumni.

Not only does SAE rep very well but the ASCE (american society of civil engineers) sit right behind the goal posts, are very loud, and often are 30 deep.

I agree that the international engineering students may not show well, but they didn't grow up with college football.

Engineers UNITE!

• Content Count:  624

I apologize to all engineers, I was unaware of your extreme passion for the Bulls. I honestly always thought the SAE bus was for the Frat and I hate that frat alot.

• Content Count:  3,103

Engineering students supporting USF?? yeah right man, only in your dreams

I totally hope this is severe sarcasm and I just missed it, since many of the Engineering students at USF are some of the most hardcore Bulls fans out there.

Don't forget, it is SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) that bought a school bus and repainted it with USF all over it, including a huge logo on the roof. They take it to every game, including many away games (I remember UCF last year vividly), and they were at the bowl game last year with it too. They fly a huge USF flag over it and make an enormous tailgate. I believe part of their success in establishing their notoriety came after they beat out Harvard in a national competition racing vehicles that they built themselves. It was written up in the USF Magazine.

In addition, if you look at the list of USF donors, a disproportionately large number of them were in the College of Engineering. (I say disproportionately because the percentage of donors from Engineering is more than the percentage of USF students that Engineering represents).

Therefore, I'd say Engineering students support USF and pull their weight in spirit better than most. That being said, I am a graduate with a Biology degree... if you want to rag on people who don't support USF, I wouldn't be able to defend the bio/chem folks as well...

Thanks for holding it down for us, Faza.

As an Engineering Major, and member of the Society of Automotive Engineers, I challenge you to find a student group that has more time or money invested in promoting USF than SAE. You might have a hard time.

Also, the bus has nothing to do with the frat...thanks.

SBC?

• Content Count:  928

I apologize to all engineers, I was unaware of your extreme passion for the Bulls. I honestly always thought the SAE bus was for the Frat and I hate that frat alot.

Appology accepted. It seems to be one extreme or the other for us, though.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

heck yeah...we partied on the roof of the SAE bus in B-Ham...good times!

I've got some good video of you folks on top of that bus in B-Ham...

• Content Count:  3,574

I’m a USF Engineer alum...

USF sports and USF in general = addiction

Archived