• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has the USF - Miami Contract been signed?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I would rather FSU though...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

The survey on the Trib site...http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/

Scrolll down a little and look to the far right, its a small box

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

As much as I look forward to playing Miami, I do not understand why UM makes this deal.  They could get home and homes with almost anyone.  

Why not is the question?

I think Miami can see that the Bulls program in the next couple of years is going to take off.  Why not have a series locked up with the potential annual Big East Champs?

The "why not" is exactly what is being said on this board and in that blog.  It gives us perceived credibility to play the 5-time National Champs in a yearly game, particularly one to be on TV.  If they signed to play us after we became Big East champs that would be one thing, this is an entirely different situation.  

As much as I look forward to playing Miami, I do not understand why UM makes this deal.  They could get home and homes with almost anyone.  

It's not about having "a" home and home... it's about having a solid, annual game.  ESPN came to Miami and said "what do you think about an annual Thanksgiving game?" ... meaning same two teams every year ... something they couldn't do with an ACC opponent.

It's not about having "a" home and home... it's about having a solid, annual game.  ESPN came to Miami and said "what do you think about an annual Thanksgiving game?" ... meaning same two teams every year ... something they couldn't do with an ACC opponent.

They could have done an annual game with a rotating OOC.  As a Bulls fan I am happy to have the game, but I imagine that few with Miami are happy with this.

• Content Count:  280

Per Bret's Blog

The USF-UF game, scheduled for Sept. 11, 2010, has been moved to 2015. No date has been determined yet.

USF is still scheduled to visit Gainesville on Sept. 10, 2011.

Also, USF’s home game in 2011 with Indiana has been bumped back to 2016.

• Content Count:  7

Also check out that site and look at the survey...It asks what games we are looking forward to the most in football.  I find it interesting that so few people are looking foward to the UCF game

With big news in the USF world, the ucIFers will be stampeding to that site to read up, and will start getting some votes for their game.  This is their rivalry game, after all. :D

Miami will say the same thing about us.  "This is USF's rivalry game, not ours."  I for one like the series with UCF, if for nothing other than a 2 hour trip to an away game.

• Content Count:  928

That brings up a good topic. Will UM embrace the "rivalry"?

Here is what we have learned so far:

Each team needs to win at least once.

The media must push "Rivals" with the approval of each school.

Each team must want something the other has.

Do we fulfill our end of this thing or must we win one and steal a few recruits before we are considered rivals?

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

2011, will be a rough year with UM, UF, WVU, and UL on the schedule.  If the Big East schedules follow suit though, we'll have UM, WVU, and UL all at RayJay.  Imagine the attendance figures that year.  It opens up the entire schedule for that season though.  We'll still need 3 games to complete the schedule, and most likely 2 of those will be on the road.  The only other home game likely will be the sacrificial lamb to begin the season ( Woffard, Elon, Sanford, etc).  I could see us travelling to FIU or FAU for one of the games that season, unless the UM contract doesn't allow for us to play a team that close in proximity to Coral Gables.

Has the announcement been made?  What did CJL say?

Archived