• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has the USF - Miami Contract been signed?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I remember reading in all the excitement a few weeks ago about the proposed USF - Miami Annual Thanksgiving Game that the official paperwork/announcement was imminent.

Since that time I've not seen anything else written about it.

Has anyone heard or seen it reported that the series is in fact official or when it will be?

I apologize if the answer to this question has been posted elsewhere....Thanks.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038

If something was signed or set in stone, you'd have seen at least 3 or 4 threads on it.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

Is it Thanksgiving Day or Weekend?  

• Content Count:  7,890

per scout USF head football coach Jim Leavitt will be available to the media today at 4 p.m. this afternoon in the Big East Room to announce a six-game (home and home) series with a major opponent.

• Content Count:  490

Right on!

Thanks Freak!! ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

Per Greg's blog:

May 31, 2007

Miami nice: Leavitt to announce 'major' series

Two posts in two minutes! But news is news: USF football coach Jim Leavitt will announce a six-game home-and-home series with a "major opponent" at 4 p.m. today. All signs point to this being the long-discussed Thanksgiving-week series with Miami, a major deal that puts the Bulls one step closer to the state's "Big Three" programs.

The six games include the original 2005 game in Miami, won 27-7 by the Hurricanes, and the three games with the Hurricanes already under contract -- in Tampa in 2009, then a home-and-home in 2012-13. So today is really adding in 2010 and 2011, so the Bulls and 'Canes would play in five straight seasons.

We'd reported earlier this month that Miami was optimistic that within the month they could announce with USF an annual Thanksgiving-week game that would create a state rivalry weekend with the Florida-Florida State game. (Or the Florida State-Florida game, you might say.) The series won't shift to November until 2010.

• Content Count:  385

Brett already has it called that it is Miami, so says his blog.  He didn't even mention the announcement today.  Also check out that site and look at the survey...It asks what games we are looking forward to the most in football.  I find it interesting that so few people are looking foward to the UCF game

• Content Count:  1,297

I'm hearing that it could be with FSU

Anyone else here that?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

Also check out that site and look at the survey...It asks what games we are looking forward to the most in football.  I find it interesting that so few people are looking foward to the UCF game

I'm an idiot. I can't find that survey over there. Can you link it? I want to see if the FAU game is more appealing ....  ;)

Archived