• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THIS IS CRAP

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Our fan support needs to catch up with our football program's rise.

Go BULLS !!!

thats my biggest fear, when it comes to bowl games. as much as i want a BCS bid, it would be embarassing to bring 10,000 only people.  :-/

I'm there with you on that one, Shoop. I hope the fan support starts increasing as exponentially as the success of the football team soon.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

I'll take it, and better be ready for this season. It could very well be that year.

I don't want our team to suffer because of national perception.

Plain simple facts would be that we have a great team of only 11 years experience and a slow growing fan base.

My last thought(fear) is when we go to a BCS Bowl, we'll only have 10K fans ... the VERY last thing ! ... scratch that - NOT EVEN a thought about it !

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

usf marketing needs to step it up

• Content Count:  2,726

PERIOD.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

PERIOD.

I'm in an educating mode ... this has NOTHING to do with USF marketing ... it has solely to do with USF's small fan base.

I guess when we go to a BCS bowl and only have 10K fans, it will be USF Marketing's problem ?

Please explain it to me ?

:GoBulls

• Content Count:  1,911

35 K plus students

10 K fans (maybe)

something is not attracting the students nor the residents of tampa.  I would blame that on marketing.  

• Content Count:  2,726

In the tampa market, where most of us live, USF should be marketed the same way as the Local Pro-Sports teams are marketed.  We need to shake off all of these outside Universities from our home turf (ah-hem, UF!).  I know this comes with time and "championships", but there is still plenty that could be done to have the entire Tampa Bay and southwest Florida region know who USF is and the status of its athletic programs.  I think many of us on here believe that more could be done by the University to promote athletics.  

BTW: putting up banners all over fowler/fletcher Avenue that say "this is Bulls country" just isn't cutting it.  My high school used to do that with the streets surrounding it.  USF needs to think BIG...get more commercials going about our Teams upcoming games on the Local affiliates, ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX.  Not JUST ON CATCH47.   There needs to be as many Bulls commercials as there are Devil Rays, Lightning, and Bucs commercials.  We need more radio commercials as well, more BILLBOARDS, MORE EVERYTHING!!!  [highlight]If we want this town, WE HAVE TO TAKE IT!  [/highlight]

THIS is how we can attract local sports fans.

• Content Count:  624

I completely agree with everything you just said 8va. I only know of 1!!! TV commercial for the Bulls, outside of catch 47 and it is the worst thing I have ever seen. We need billboards everywhere, no more UF commercials in our area (that is so ridiculous), and the marketing people need to put our name out there.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Our fan support needs to catch up with our football program's rise.

Go BULLS !!!

thats my biggest fear, when it comes to bowl games. as much as i want a BCS bid, it would be embarassing to bring 10,000 only people.  :-/

Well said.

• Content Count:  1,803

I saw a billboard promoting Gator basketball in Tampa the other day, so sad, even on campus you will find many students sporting Gator shirts because quite a few students wanted to go to UF and didn't get accepted...it is because USF is seen as an alternative to UF and FSU if you do not have the grades to get into one of those. I however chose to go to USF because I liked the campus, the fact that it was close to home and an up and a university on the rise. We are at phase one in a long process of gaining national recognition and on the right track but it won't happen over night. It takes devout alumni and people like us to put a university on the map. My grandfather is a graduate of Texas A&m and he almost killed me when I said I had chosen USF because that university is such a tight nit family due to all their traditions...(see their 60+ chants and mid night yell practice that brings large crowds in before every home game to practice cheerleading). One day I hope that I can attend USF games and have that kind of comraderie, where everybody you come across in school colors feels like family.

Archived