• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UConn vs USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Game is scheduled for 1 PM, but it looks like it will be pushed back a bit.  Louisville and Rutgers have been playing for an hour and haven't played 3 full innings yet.  Right now UL is up 3-2, in the middle of the 3rd.  It would be great if both teams had to play another game and go deeper into their bullpen.  Either way, I'd like a matchup with UL, as we've beaten them once this year versus no wins against Rutgers.  

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UL is beating RU, 7-5 after six innings.  Our game most likely won't start until 1:30 or so.

• Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I am definitely pulling for RU in this one...one more game to wear out UL's pitching rotation won't hurt us. Is it just me or does Big East baseball not get a whole lot of respect.

• Content Count:  928

Who exactly do we want to win this series? We obviously want Rutgers to win this game so they are forced to go two (with maybe Louisville winning - we don't want any momentum for Rutgers)

Neither team is having problems knocking them in to the Atlantic today, maybe tomorrow will be windy?

Who would the lesser of the two evils be for USF?

• Content Count:  1,803

Rutgers is taking over this one!...I would like to see a USF UL finale personally...let lelo get some revenge on his old team.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Top of the 7th, 2 outs,  Rutgers leads Louisville 11-7. Rutgers just hit a 3 run home-run to break it open.

Yikes, the winds have shifted I guess.  Hopefully our pitching will still be strong.

• Content Count:  3,574

Let UL win... and then let them win game 2.

I would love a USF vs. UL game, but we must take care of business today.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I'd think Bulls fans would want Louisville and Rutgers to have to play twice today -- takes up another nine innings out of the winner's available pitching, making it easier for USF to win Saturday if the Bulls advance.

In a scenario where USF doesn't win the league crown and is trying for an at-large bid, I'd think the Bulls want Rutgers to lose immediately, increasing the chances USF could be chosen ahead of them -- higher RPI, but worse league record.

I'd think Bulls fans would want Louisville and Rutgers to have to play twice today -- takes up another nine innings out of the winner's available pitching, making it easier for USF to win Saturday if the Bulls advance.

In a scenario where USF doesn't win the league crown and is trying for an at-large bid, I'd think the Bulls want Rutgers to lose immediately, increasing the chances USF could be chosen ahead of them -- higher RPI, but worse league record.

I don't see a scenario where RU isn't picked over USF if we don't win it all.  They beat us 3 times, at our home no less.  That will be too much to overcome if we don't win the tourney.

Archived