• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re: For all those who hate RayJay remember this...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The field is a unique factor that kids can point out about USF. I seriously doubt it has played a major decisions in most of our bigger recruits.

When a guy is choosing between FIU and USF, yes, it is probably something to consider.

When a guy is choosing between Auburn and USF, do you really think RJS is that big of a deal? No.

RJS is a good facility that neither harms us or really boosts us that much in recruiting. The players only use it on game day. They don't get to use any of the amenities. Their locker room really isn't very special.

Lawerence McCoy will be a solid player for USF, but the other schools that were after him were smaller D-IA and a couple D-IAA. Not much of a coup on our end considering their facilities.

When I hear several top guys saying RJS was their ultimate decision in choosing USF over Auburn, FSU, Florida, LSU, etc.c Then I might believe it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Sorry for the confusion on the post.  I had to delete some "premium" content in which a USF player stated is like of playing at RJS.  I should have edited instead of deleting and the thread would make more sense.  My apologies.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

RJS is a good facility that neither harms us or really boosts us that much in recruiting.

That's probably true but as long as CJL goes out of his way to praise RayJay as as a recruiting tool, I'm good with it.  ;)

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry for the confusion on the post.  I had to delete some "premium" content in which a USF player stated is like of playing at RJS.  I should have edited instead of deleting and the thread would make more sense.  My apologies.

My bad I thought it was going to be alright if I only posted a section and not the whole thing

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol nice

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

For the present, I think Ray Jay is absolutely the right place for the Bulls.  When we do build an on campus stadium it needs to be special, and be able to adapt to changing times, expansion issues aside.  

I live 3 blocks from USF and would love a stadium on campus.  That being said, Ray Jay is a venue I have absolutely no qualm about going to for our games.  

Let's face facts, at this point in time we are lucky to have the opportunity to play in a professional stadium, and a fairly new one at that.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

My bad I thought it was going to be alright if I only posted a section and not the whole thing

It was pobably harmless, but just as the "pay" site won't allow content posted here, we don't allow links back to sites that require a paid membership.

No big deal in my opinion - a player's comment on liking RayJay is not unique nor the first time we've ever heard it.    I'm thinking about abandoning the ban on paid content and let the owners of the paid content handle it with their members.  For every scout or rivals link I have to check to see if it is paid or not and I am growing tired of that...why I am doing the work?

Carry on.

RJS is nice!!  But I want an OCS

• Content Count:  1,797

Does anyone hate Ray Jay?  Some dislike the Glazers.  Some dislike the Tampa Sports Authority.  Some dislike the 'security force.'  Some dislike the parking detail.  I understand all that.  But Ray Jay is one of the most beautiful stadiums in the world to watch a football game.  

Like many others on this board, I would love to have a green and gold Ray Jayesque stadium on or adjacent to campus, but that will not happen anytime soon.  So Ray Jay it is.

Normal

• Content Count:  7,890

you are right not many dislike RayJay the stadium but do hate the way USF is treated and the only way to get around that is to get an OCS

Archived